Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having this issue for a while now. The car is a 1992 Toyota Supra JZA70 . The car had issues with the Hydro Fan Setup and I had to switch over to a Clutch Fan. Before I did the conversion , the car ran fine , turned over fine , never had issues but sat for a while before the conversion. After the conversion took place , the car had issues starting , it would crank but wouldn't start. I was able to get it to start using two paper clips and bypassing the "Now Failing" Fuel Pump , and it would start. Went ahead and replaced the Fuel Pump with a New Walbro 255 pump , replaced the coilpacks with 2JZ oem coilpacks and it ran okay. The issue had changed from a bogging issue while it ran to an issue upon start up. When the car was warm , it would crank over just fine but when it sat overnight or the engine was cold , it would struggle to turn on. I changed the spark plugs , ECT Sensor , looked at the ECU and it seemed fine , but now it's doing the same thing but just cranking , not turning over. What could be the issue !?!?!? I'm hopeless !!!

·
Registered
1987 Toyota Supra
302 Posts
I would start with the CPS.

These ECU's rarely have any issues, not likely the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would start with the CPS.

These ECU's rarely have any issues, not likely the problem.
Would this throw a code though ??? Just wondering , I live in NC and had taken it over to Niced Up Motorsports and CJ was able to get my cooling system put in , it's just odd that it happens now and I had 2 codes , o2 sensor & ECT sensor , both have been replaced.

·
Registered
1987 Toyota Supra
302 Posts
Nope. Wouldn't throw a code.

·
90T
460 Posts
The 1JZ ECUs are known to have electrolytic capacitor problems (over time they dry out). Those look ok in the photo, but its hard to really be sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts