Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone i've been watching everyone's posts on here for quite awhile now and i thought i would reach out and ask for help on the wiring side of things. Basically what i am running is a 1JZ GTE VVTI ETCSI with a drift motion drive by wire delete. I currently have the harness pulled apart and i believe i have just about everything labeled correctly.

First I only have Three coil packs on my 1jz so i was wondering if anyone had information on wiring the three coils with or without the igniter, i've heard you can do both. Or would it be easier for me to run LQ9/LS2 smart coils instead of batched ignition?

I have multiple pinouts such as the jzx110 and the jzs161 which is similar to the jzs171.

The main thing i want to know is what wires are needed to mate the ecumaster emu to the engine harness to make this thing run!!! anyhelp would be appreciated, I have not posted enough to post photos yet but they will be comming soon.

Thanks

·
Addict
1,120 Posts
Sorry what i'm about to post isn't as informative as you may want. but you will need to find pin outs of what your trying to wire up.. and then you will have to wire it up "per" those pin outs. So Just match up what the pinouts are. Hope this helps at all.
You will need an ignitor if your running the Batch ignition.. If you go LQ9 you wont need it.. but you will be building wiring.

These are Random and not Actual for your scenario

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
AVOID running LQ9 coils!!! BARF!!! lol

Anyways, I have wired in quite a few EMU's, I am actually building a 1JZ harness and EMU classic for a 85 MKII P-type..

R154 and all!!!

I personally would delete the ignitor since the EMU does a great job at driving the coils directly!!! I also would run regular 1/2JZ coils on each cylinder!!! Amazon sells them for 65-69 dollars each!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts