Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i bought a 94 N/a auto yeah yeah i got it for 8600. Anyway im turboing it and i got an Ecumaster emu classic with the pnp kit. They told me i would have to wire in parallel with stock ecu so that way it could keep control of the transmission. I have never done this stuff before and i don't know where to begin any help would be appreciated and im not rhat good at electrical but i can do it so any instructions are gonna have to be dumbed down a notch haha

·
Registered
380 Posts
Have you thought about buying a standalone with PnP harness that can control the Supra automatic transmission??? Seems like it would be the most prudent step for someone that isn't good at the wiring...

I would probably go that route instead of having to run two ECUs.

Reactions: Mr.Gill

·
Registered
759 Posts
I second What he said, bro

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you thought about buying a standalone with PnP harness that can control the Supra automatic transmission??? Seems like it would be the most prudent step for someone that isn't good at the wiring...

I would probably go that route instead of having to run two ECUs.
I dont have $5000.00 for a computer

·
Registered
759 Posts
And that's a huuuge good looking snail! Specs?

·
Registered
759 Posts
I dont have $5000.00 for a computer
Buy second hand.... Keep looking, you'll find it.

If you can't, then I think finding a good shop that has done this in mkiv's. In my opinion, this is the next best thing... Maybe ask them if you could hang around the install so you could learn a thing or two.

That's what I would do and have done when i was younger. Worst they could say is no, right?

To me wiring is the most difficult part of an install. It's a make it or break it situation... And if you don't know what you are doing... I'm not trying to discourage you at all, bro.... I'm just speaking from experience.

Cheers

Rishi

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah i have already bought wideband knock and o2 sensors for the ecumaster and i kind of doubt they would take a return on all this stuff.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Also Google and YouTube is your best friend, bro... Research research research , you bound to find something that may be applicable to what you are doing. For sure.

This is not an obscure install, should be fairly documented or videoed or something somewhere.

I will look something up as well. See if I could be any help to you, bro.

·
Registered
759 Posts
i found this, maybe it will help

just a few, might be a little old... but I think, its the step in the right direction. Maybe some other people will chime in.

and also get yourself all the electrical diagrams, pinouts, service manual, etc, and figure out, I guess....

Just trying to help. Cheers.

Rishi

·
Registered
759 Posts
how is it going, my man? just checking in on you, see how your project was progressing... Have a good one, airman!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey man thanks so i was either going to sell the ecumaster and go proefi or swap to a manual trans. I decided to do the manual trans as they were about the same price. We are doing a genesis coupe trans as im in korea and they’re everywhere. Got the pedals and master cylinder now to just get the adapter plate and a few other things sorted out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts