Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, been a long reader on the US forums, and an active member on the aus forums, so i thought i would join up here and share the rides ive been truly blessed with owning :D

I previously owned a 93 SZ, and having spent alot of cash on visuals and a bit of coin on power (yes i know the n/a platform for power goals offers nothing - but i wanted the car to have a bit of oomph so that i wouldn't be embarrassed or showed up by say a suzuki swift :p) i planned on doing a 2jz-gte + 6 speed swap. However, due to the amount of cash/time involved i thought it would be best off to buy an RZ TT 6-speed and do things the right way straight from the get-go :)
Pics of the '93 SZ:

After she had been sold, a week later, i fell into the possession of the new ride. Correct me if im wrong, but i believe it to be an 'Alpine Silver' 93 RZ TT (unfortunately she didnt come with the option of big brakes so im stuck with the small's for now). Since taking possession, i just did the normal things any owner would do, had all the oils changed over (motul/oem items).

Modifications with the car currently:
Aesthetically:
-->Stock front bar
-->No Skirts - aprons (just bought myself a pair of modified blitz skirts)
-->No Pods
-->TRD WING (Just purchased a TRD Wing/CF Insert/CF side pieces)
Soon to come:

--> Updated front bar lights/rearlights
-->Spinto C/F inserts for headlights + glass lenses to replace yellow plastic crap :D
-->New Wheels (unsure yet)
-->Fresh spray (possible colour change)
-->TRD Diffuser
-->Discontinued Wings West Lip - Possibly cutting the Wings Off

Performance (pretty much stock standard bpu stuff):

-->FMIC (unsure of specs but it has this massive overhang issue) + Poddy
-->3.5 inch catback zorst (will be complemented by a 3inch tuneagent dump + mid)
-->TTC mod (running 12psi currently)
Soon to come:
--> Some type of FCD (preferably HKS, or GReddy)
--> e-boost 2 boost controller (up the boost to about 17-18psi - as this is all the ceramic turbos can withstand - should be making around 260-270rwkw)

-->Further down the track - insane build :p

As im still at uni (doing a double degree in bachelor of law/bachelor of finance) im finding it very difficult to hold a job + maintain studies, so cash flow has been a bit low, hence havnt been able to provide the car with many goodies.

However when the turbo's do die out, ill be considering the single turbo route, however with there being so many options/aftermarket parts out there on the market, i dont want to specify or mention anything (as i hate not living up to my word), and by the time i actually go forward with the plans, there will be new innovative turbo's out on the market (hopefully :p)
Till then, i hope you enjoy the pics and the ride, and will keep this thread updated :)

Here's some pictures, hope you enjoy :) 93 RZ TT

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow! Those are both NICE looking MKIVs.
Cheers mate :) cant wait to get my hands on the discontinued wings west lip and fit the new modified blitz skirts :yum: (plus the new wing + c/f blade and c/f side pieces). Then time for respray :yum:

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Nice cars, the current looks better imo, the wheels on the red one did not do it - looked like stang wheels.

You fmic is kinda big...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice cars, the current looks better imo, the wheels on the red one did not do it - looked like stang wheels.

You fmic is kinda big...
The wheels that were on the red soop incidently came with the car (and i never got around to changing them - luckily i didn't because more money would have gone for nothing)

as for the fmic, kinda big is an understatement (the custom made end tanks, hit the rails so thats as far up as she wants to go). Ill be mock fitting a ts style seibon lip soon, just to get a rough idea of whether or not the overhang will be covered before i go ahead and purchase a urethane copy of the wings west lip (hopefully it will - otherwise new fmic :p)

·
Registered
256 Posts
HAHA wtf is hapening to the intercooler on the silver sup?

·
Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
4,584 Posts
love the looks of the red car minus the rims..

·
Top Secret T78
1,203 Posts
beautiful supra! silver looks great, glad to see tasteful mods in the future too!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's been a while since i updated this thread but i thought i may as well post a few current photos of the car.
I snapped the toe-rod on my back right wheel a few months back, and rather then replacing it immediately, i thought i could use the time off from the roads to update the car a little.
The toe-rod is being replaced this week (along with a full service).

The next few plans for the car are:
Coilovers (remove the 4 x 4 look)
Wheels (either a gloss/matte finish on volk te37's, work varianza t1's, work vs-xx's, or ccw classics)
Go Single

Here are a few pictures of how the car sits right now (i-phone pics):

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Looking great!!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice!

Fix those holes on the front bumper.
Unfortunately down here in Australia, we have to run number plates on the front (hence the holes are for the number plate bracket). But for the sake of taking a photo i had it off :)

·
Total Annihilation
1,931 Posts
Both looks awesome, just fix the holes in the Front Bumper on the silver one and your golden.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cheers, for the comments guys (as said above, i have to run front number plates, so the holes are for the number plate bracket which hasn't been placed on yet)

I finally got the car out of the garage for the first time in 8 months. Off to Tony @ Top Gun Performance she goes! Basically going to replenish all the oils, have a few misc parts installed, and fix the toe-rod issue (as you'll be able to see in the last pic). She should be sorted out in no time!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts