Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 3 years all of the sudden my EF1 fuse is blowing??? I did a search on this and did come up with a thread, just wondering if anyone else had any input?
The fuse seems to blow when I'm driving pretty slow in 2nd or 1st gear.
The motor still cranks over and every power option works except for the fuel pumps, and the check engine light?
I just keep putting in new 30amp fuses, and used 1 40amp fuse and it blew too!
A vpc was just hardwired in the car and I checked for a bare wire touching metal and couldn't find anything?
Any suggestions would be great!
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
take a circuit tester and connect the alligator clip to the negative terminal of the battery. then touch around the engine bay with the testers tip to see if there is any current. if there is, take out the fuses one by one to see which circuit is doing it. from there its all yours.

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I might have found the problem...knock on wood.
On my way home for some odd reason I decided to open the glove box and there sat the vpc and gcc. Well the vpc lights were on, but the gcc lights were not. I then proceeded to pick them up and the gcc lights kinda flickered. After this I started tapping around on the wires in the glove box and finally found the plug on the gcc was loose, so I pressed the ends together and walla, the gcc lights were back on.

My thought is maybe when the car vibrated it would cause the gcc lights to flicker or more importantly make the gcc turn on and off which in turn kept blowing the EF1 fuse that turns the engine/fuel pumps off.

I really hope this was the problem!!!! :dunno: :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts