Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Speed limits = Guidelines
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
long story short...the gray wire going to the efi main relay thats supposed to activate the relay is not getting current with the key on...

i just got done messing with the fuel pump ecu, ill avoid the details of what i was doing as i could write a whole paragraph on just that alone. but anyway, something i did is stopping that wire from getting current, i backtracked everything i did and found nothing wrong....

what could be doing this? is the fuel pump ecu involved in the functioning of that gray wire?

2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im bouncing around the idea of cutting the gray wire and sending in current from elsewhere...but if i do that the ems wont run for a few a seconds when i turn the key off like it would off the gray wire

not sure if than an important thing or not considering i dont have an iac valve

2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, i checked a few more things

the gray wire has continuity to pin 24A on the ems harness which was kind of dispointing, since i was hoping it was just a simple break in the wire, aparently not

i also jumped the relay and the car started right up, which means the AEM box is working but not working....

its working in the sense that the car runs, thank god...but its not tripping the efi main relay like its supposed to, so without me jumping wires it won't run....

does the ems need some kind of feedback from the fuel pump ecu before it trips the relay? its really the only thing ive tampered with

anyone got any input on this?

2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have a the 12v mod to the pumps? If so, it will work either way, but the connection there might be loose. Just a thought.
the pump works fine, i put a jumper accross the efi relay and the car started right up...but without the jumper, nothing

for some reason AEM is not switching the relay like it should

2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Did this just happen all of the sudden? Its not that uncommon to have to send your AEM in and have them go through it.
happened because of something i did to it while messing with the fuel pump ecu...but i dont understand what I could have done...i dont think that pin and the fuel pump ecu have any relation

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.