Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, don't shoot me. I'm a Mopar guy in real life, but I'd own a Supra too.
I'm working on a fuel-injection retrofit on my hot rod. It looks like I'm going to be needing some injectors in the 550 to 580 range. Since Supras are using the 550s, I thought I'd dig around a little.

Can anyone tell me if the stock injectors are low or high impedence?
Are they the typical/universal size (same as GM, ETC)? I've seen a few oddball injectors but don't remember what the Supra units looked like.
When do the Supra guys upgrade their injectors and how can I nab their old ones?

The Haltech system I was given has 4 injectors with it but I have no idea what they are. They have numbers, but no names. Is there a site I can use to look up the data?

Are the stock fpr's reliable at higher fuel flow?

What size are the throttle bodies and the intake hose?

The car pictured below is the one I'm working on. It's got a VERY low budget twin turbocharged 440 (7.2 liter for the metric folks) and REALLY needs to loose the carburetor.

Thanks in advance for any info you guys can share.

·
Pro Formula Mazda Driver
82 Posts
The stock twin turbo Supra has 550cc low impedance injectors- and remember that each plug has their own coil. You can find injectors either on this site or at Thepartstrader.com

People are usually upgrading theirs to 720's or 850's. You'll probably need the fuel rail and such. Check out powerhouseracing.com for more info on fuel systems. I've got their Stage2 fuel system upgrade.

Don't know much about the throttle body.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Supra guys upgrade the injectors once they start getting close to 500 rwhp. Basically when they strap on singles out come the stock injectors, unless they want to run lows boost on the single they will need bigger injectors.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I was told that the Supra uses an unconventional "bent" style injector. It feeds fuel from the side instead of the top? That would be an interesting fuel rail for me to piece together.

Does anybody know what size the throttle body is?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
feets said:
Thanks for the info. I was told that the Supra uses an unconventional "bent" style injector. It feeds fuel from the side instead of the top? That would be an interesting fuel rail for me to piece together.

Does anybody know what size the throttle body is?
Yeah, we have side-feed injectors. Supposedely this allows them to withstand much more fuel pressure than a standard injector. One guy is running his at 100 psi total pressure :eek:

I have heard of the stock FPRs going out, I don't know if its from FP or boost pressure or both.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts