Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the egcv housing be replaced on the car or do i have to remove the whole turbo assembly. You know, the housing that joins to the downpipe. Thanks and god bless.

·
I'm back!
6,710 Posts
spanky said:
Can the egcv housing be replaced on the car or do i have to remove the whole turbo assembly. You know, the housing that joins to the downpipe. Thanks and god bless.
Replacing the EGCV is a big job. My old mechanic in L.A. said it would take him all day and I decided it wasn't worth it at all to replace because of the noise it was making.

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,510 Posts
I was just under my car working with the butterly valve in my EGCV housing. If you had to replace that whole assembly I think it would be quite a bitch to do from under the car. It may be possible, but w/o a lift I think it would be more of a pain in the ass then it is worth. It would be alot easier to replace it by taking out the whole turbo assembly, but if you are going to go that far why not just go single b/c its all off of the car.

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
replacing the egcv is not a all day job.....its easy to remove..only one bitch bolt in there that is hard to get to...besides that its very easy.....the mechanic that told it takes all day is full of shyt...dont go to him anymore he is a lying fool.......

·
I'm back!
6,710 Posts
jdmuscle said:
replacing the egcv is not a all day job.....its easy to remove..only one bitch bolt in there that is hard to get to...besides that its very easy.....the mechanic that told it takes all day is full of shyt...dont go to him anymore he is a lying fool.......
He said you have to take a lot of the stuff off from the top to get to that bolt. Is that a lie?

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
lie to the bone.....u jus need to remove the intake piping n some other minor stuff that takes abt an 1hr.....the most time consuming thing is that bolt...but if one has a shop..then it must be even easier than workin in mah garage....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts