Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this thread a week or so ago:

http://www.supraforums.com/supravb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12482&highlight=stoker6

The last thing I would of suspected was the EGR plate. I reversed the mod and put the old gasket back on yesterday. The car runs MUCH better. No stalling at all. The car idles at a solid 900rpm whereby it used to struggle at 600rpm. Overall drivability is improved. Throttle response is improved and no more bucking/surging at low rpm while driving in a parking lot.

I guess I had a leak back there. I installed it with the up arrow up. We don't have to install it on a particular side do we?

I need to re-shape it a polish both of the sides with the dremel as it is pretty rough. If the car runs poorly again I will remove it and leave it off.

Anyone have issues with Mohd's plate not fitting correctly?

·
Premium Member
4,972 Posts
I made my own one too. You should have used the plate w/ the gasket. That might have been causing your problem.

If you decide to put the plate back in, just notch out the 2 bolts holes so it will slide in and out rather than having to take off the EGR, you can just loosen it and slide it in. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses.

Ryan,

You left the original gasket in place? The directions on mkiv.com said to use it in place of the original. I took it as to remove the original one.

Did you notice if the car ran differently at all? My car sure runs better without it. I heard someone say to use some of the permatex stuff but that seem like it would get messy. Notching the holes is a good idea.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another question.

If I use the stock gasket, which side of the plate do I put it on?

thanks

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
stoker6
im just going to be a wise azz! but i hope you used protection ;):p

sorry you fell into that one ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.