Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this thread a week or so ago:

http://www.supraforums.com/supravb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12482&highlight=stoker6

The last thing I would of suspected was the EGR plate. I reversed the mod and put the old gasket back on yesterday. The car runs MUCH better. No stalling at all. The car idles at a solid 900rpm whereby it used to struggle at 600rpm. Overall drivability is improved. Throttle response is improved and no more bucking/surging at low rpm while driving in a parking lot.

I guess I had a leak back there. I installed it with the up arrow up. We don't have to install it on a particular side do we?

I need to re-shape it a polish both of the sides with the dremel as it is pretty rough. If the car runs poorly again I will remove it and leave it off.

Anyone have issues with Mohd's plate not fitting correctly?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I picked up some alum from home depot, traced the plate off of the stock one then drilled the holes til it fit and it worked fine for me. Might be something else causing the hesitation.

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
I made my own one too. You should have used the plate w/ the gasket. That might have been causing your problem.

If you decide to put the plate back in, just notch out the 2 bolts holes so it will slide in and out rather than having to take off the EGR, you can just loosen it and slide it in. :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses.

Ryan,

You left the original gasket in place? The directions on mkiv.com said to use it in place of the original. I took it as to remove the original one.

Did you notice if the car ran differently at all? My car sure runs better without it. I heard someone say to use some of the permatex stuff but that seem like it would get messy. Notching the holes is a good idea.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another question.

If I use the stock gasket, which side of the plate do I put it on?

thanks

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
stoker6
im just going to be a wise azz! but i hope you used protection ;):p

sorry you fell into that one ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts