Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Who has the EGR block off plates, and is it all that hard to do?

Steve I know that you have done this, If I buy the plates and the beer would you help me out?( plus helpping me install a manual boost controller)? Or anybody for that matter, I have a shop at my house and a shit load of tools, if you help me out we can have a "work on our car day or something out at my house ...hahahahh, I will supply the beer a burgers. :) I have a big BBQ too.!!!!

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
zerorecall said:
Hey Guys,
Who has the EGR block off plates, and is it all that hard to do?

Steve I know that you have done this, If I buy the plates and the beer would you help me out?( plus helpping me install a manual boost controller)? Or anybody for that matter, I have a shop at my house and a shit load of tools, if you help me out we can have a "work on our car day or something out at my house ...hahahahh, I will supply the beer a burgers. :) I have a big BBQ too.!!!!
I'll come watch for a free burger :)

·
Hardtopper
855 Posts
Ill come, Ill bring my car I got some stuff Id like to do to it in the NEAR future (week or 2),.. u serious?
Ill bring mayonase...

Id also like to do the EGR block off,s and am pretty certain I can install a MBC

let me know
Ramiro

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man I major serious, car work bbq is in the works, I don't care it 1 or 10 people show up. :) I am thinking at the end of april, like the weekend of the 30th. that is the weekend that i am finaly home. :) Out of town on business for the next few weeks.

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
Just did mine a couple weeks ago. Don't use all the extentions with the 90's that some write ups say. Best combo for the one on the head is a 3/8" deep socket with 3" and 6" woble head extensions. Not sure if I reused the correct bolts for the same plate since I also removed my intake and had just a box of bolts. But the bolts were not long enough to grab threads and caused a leak. Installed some fresh ones from by Getrag parts tranny. Other then that, 10k ohm resistor, two vaccum caps(small) and your set. First time will probably take awhile, but after the first time it should take more then 1/2 hour.

Here is a pic of the vaccum ports to cap so you don't have to search all over.

·
Registered
744 Posts
darn Washington Peps always have all the fun!! :p

-Brian

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stu Hagen said:
I have extra block off plate(s) you can prolly have. I'll trade for your stock MK4 rims? bwaahha

Actually, it is very simple to install.
Man I am being offered 500-600 for my rims and you want to trade for a block off plate.....Common sence tells me I am getting bent over the chair with no lube.hahhahahhahha,
How much do you want for them Stu?

·
4,934 Posts
zerorecall said:
Man I am being offered 500-600 for my rims and you want to trade for a block off plate.....Common sence tells me I am getting bent over the chair with no lube.hahhahahhahha,
How much do you want for them Stu?
500-600?! I picked up a set of 4 with tires for $50, then sold the front tires to a thunderbird driver for $50 :D

·
4,934 Posts
zerorecall said:
sound like you got bent over........ hey I think you have a Video of that....hahhahahha
how did I get bent over? I bought them for $50.

·
4,934 Posts
zerorecall said:
well if that is the case then cool, hey did you go single? I noticed the pic and stats.:)
:cool: pr0n is where the $$$'s at :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts