Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of your wanting to block off the EGR exhaust port on the back of the head, I found that the steel plate on the block behind the oil filter fits the back of the head perfectly. Part # 11494-45010. $4.53 from Jay Mark's. I just cut out a gasket from a sheet of hi-temp Mr. Gasket material I had laying around. The JDM blockoff part number appears to be invalid, but this plate seems to work fine.

Dale H
87T

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Moderators please delete thread!

Sorry for the wrong information guys, but I just checked both plates and the one Jay Mark's sent me fits the EGR port, but does not fit the spot behind the filter. Now I am confused because the Part Number they sent me is # 11494-45010. Weird.

Dale H
87T

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bishop,

Well, what I'm saying is I think it is just a fluke that I got what appears to be a JDM blockoff plate. I called Jay Mark's and ordered a part #25615-43020 (along with a bunch of other stuff), which is the JDM EGR blcokoff plate. I got a call back and they told me that the number for the JDM plate is no longer valid. Then when the package showed up with my other stuff, there was a plate in there that fits the EGR. However, it was listed on the invoice as a part #11494-45010, which is the blockoff plate behind the oil filter. But I looked at the plate behind the oil filter last night and it isn't the same size as the one Jay Mark's sent me. The oil blockoff plate that was on my engine won't fit over the EGR port like this mysterious plate Jay Mark's sent me does.

Dale H
87T

Y

·
0 Posts
What if you just turn the egr valve around then put it back in? and for the othe rtwo smaller ports, just cut off the pipe part of the flange, then weld in a piece of metal over the hole?

·
Registered
762 Posts
I just made one out of a bit of 1/4" aluminum plate, took ten minutes with a blunt hacksaw and a power drill and it was free! Used the EGR cooler as a template.

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
i dont suppose its possible to block off the EGR with the head on the car?

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
i removed my egr, and my engine is out, should i go ahead and remove the cooler that is on the back as well? or can I just block off those two ports and be fine?

cassio

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
good info man, but i was under the impression the EGR works to help keep pinging down and for smog, so why block it off for? aight peace :chicken:

·
Registered
144 Posts
okay the egr exhaust gas recirculation

what does your tailpipe look like? black!

do you want that in your intake ? to imped flow and build up making your ports smaller and smaller ?

i just tore down a 5.0 mustang block with egr that the ports were so clogged that out of a quarter sized hole i couldn't fit an ink pen inside..

Bill

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
Sooo, you guys are saying not to block off EGR, or is it a good thing. Like say you leave the EGR cooler located at the back of the head but you block off the EGR valve from side of head and side of Intake Manifold, would you benefit from that?

·
VIPER HUNTER
835 Posts
The egr works at part throttle shuts at full throttle.It heats the intake manifold with the gas from the exhaust,and also coats the inside of the manifold with carbon over time.

I bypassed mine,160 thermostat,and passed emissions taking though a acually emission station.I swaped on the cat for the day.

The cooler plate on the back can be left there,you can block off the ports on the side of the head,and intake manifold.

It might help you alittle..less heating of the intake while driving normal..so you will have a cooler intake charge when you lean in it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts