Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...

How in the hell do you get to the bolts holding on the EGR pipe under the intake? I can barely see the top one, much less try and get a tool in there to break them loose. Am I going to need a lift to get under there?

Also, do you just cap off the upper vacuum lines going to the EGR valve?

·
Supraforums Member
704 Posts
I did my blockoff plates back in December and the lower Port is a real bitch. I would first build a set of extensions until I felt it lock onto the bolt. Then attach the ratchet and do your best. It takes a while but it can be done. Just try to be patient.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
easiest way is to pull the manifold if you ask me. i could never figure out how u guys do it with out pulling the manifold.

·
i always say toyota !
2,761 Posts
you can just block either one and you are good. if you need to remove the EGR system then you need to block both ports. good luck.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I pulled the upper half of the manifold on my old car, alot easier. I lucked out on the car I have now, it was already done when I bought it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I used an extension and a swivel, and it really wasn’t all that bad. As for the vacuum line I left the top part for the EGR system on, and caped that open vacuum lines. Hope this helps

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the tips guys... I will give it a shot again next weekend.

·
Fast Enough, Never Is.
920 Posts
I just took my intake manifold off when I did my fuel system and AEM, while the manifold was at the machine shop I had my welder weld shut the hole for the EGR. I had the plates but I thought it would be easy to do it that way also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts