Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
EZ2CYI1
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are both plates the same? A friend of mine does machine work and is making a plate for my intake manifold, would another one just like it work for the block? Or are they different?

Thanks!
-Gunnar

·
Registered
538 Posts
not to hijack the thread but is there any HP advantage to doing this mod? if i understood correctly this mod restricts hot air from being recycled into the intake manifold. is this correct?

so anyway is there a any HP advantage on this?

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts

·
EZ2CYI1
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you want to get the pipe out without taking out the freeze plug, there are a couple of ways to go at it. We just took a screwdriver and a hammer and hit it until it bent enough to pop itself out if its holes and fall out.

A guy on ClubLexus told me he just sawzalled through the bar and then knocked them out with a screwdriver.

Either way you should fill the holes that are left on the inside of the manifold or I'm told you get a nasty whistling noise (plus I'm sure it hurts flow). I've heard of people using freeze plugs, or lead, or we're using JB Weld. I'd imagine at this point you don't really need a blockoff plate since nothing would be able to get into the air tract anyway, but I'm still going to put one on.

·
Registered
206 Posts
not proven yet but i made mine out 1/4 in steel, just traced the old valve flange. only costed a couple bucks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts