Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Boost..... My Antidrug
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sooo i have had my supra for just over a year and ran great even up till the stock turbos took teh shit, so since im on a stock auto i wanted to go with a small single, i went with a pt61 and the install went great and runs great at 18psi, sooo heres the weird thing, when i bought the car it was already bpu+ and had the egr crap removed and resistor put in the connector on the harness, and the map sensor for one reason or a nother was plugged in but no vac line was going to it and the nipple it was supposed to be hooked up to was capped off, now i just replaced the map sensor to be safe, and it seems to be a coincidence but sometimes now, i throw a code 71 for egr malfunction? doesnt matter if im on low or high boost doesnt matter how fast im going, just comes on out of the blue then i can reset the ecu and go for a while without it coming back on. could it have anything to do with installing the map sensor that was never working the whole time? or maybe the resistor thats in there went bad? anyone else have this problem?

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
So has it only thrown the code since you hooked the MAP sensor back up? Are you still running the original MAF sensor, or has it have a VPC installed?

As for the EGR code, I would guess that occasionally one of the resistors either has a continuity problem, or it's losing electical contact with the harness at times. Also, you could pull the tape off the harness and make sure the right resistors are in there.

·
Boost..... My Antidrug
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah im on the stock maf, and i checked the resistor today, i went to radio shack and bought the proper resistors, not knowing if the one in the car was bad or the right one or what, turns out i dont think it was the right one because it has different color stripes on it in different orders sooo i threw a new one in and so far so good.

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
Hmm..strange that the MAP sensor was unhooked. Maybe they were trying to do something with ignition timing? Who knows....

If you want to decode the resistors you pulled out, check out this link:
http://www.dannyg.com/examples/res2/resistor.htm

If you find they're not close to what's supposed to be in there, then that may have been the problem.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts