Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Livin the Supra Lifestyle
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
yo.. I got my head off and i'am contemplating removing the EGR system. Here's a pick of the back of the head. What do I have to tap and plug? Is it the hole on the left going to the exhuast side? thanks

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
waynis said:
yo.. I got my head off and i'am contemplating removing the EGR system. Here's a pick of the back of the head. What do I have to tap and plug? Is it the hole on the left going to the exhuast side? thanks

i guess first things first..gotta remove that red x in your post :)

·
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
should be fixed now.. using photobucket.

·
1991 1JZ
1,157 Posts
plug up the hole that is drilled from the number 6 exhaust runner.

dont forget to block off the other hole on the intake plenum!

·
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
lagged said:
plug up the hole that is drilled from the number 6 exhaust runner.

dont forget to block off the other hole on the intake plenum!
which is the hole on the left going to the exhuast correct? sorry for the stupid obvious question but I just wanna confirm.

also I only need one block off plate correct? the one on the intake plenum.. I don't need to block off the one on the head as long as I plug that left hole in the pic correct?

H

·
0 Posts
the exhaust port is the one with black crap in it;) yeah i did that on my cressida shouls be siple having it all out and in front of you. I made my own block off plates for me 5mg manifold and exhaust .

·
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just took my head to a napa machine shop to have it resurfaced. I guess tommorrow I will ask them to tap that hole also and make a block off plate for the intake plenum

·
Registered
129 Posts
Does the intake side connect to anything?

I thought it was just a pass through. If so, no need to block it. Just plug that giant exhaust leak.

·
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
whopwood said:
Does the intake side connect to anything?

I thought it was just a pass through. If so, no need to block it. Just plug that giant exhaust leak.
No, as far as I see if you block off the exhuast side there's no need to block off the intake side. Just the intake plenum.

·
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the help lagged. I will post pics of the final result and make a write up. I made my own block off plate for the intake plenum this afternoon. Found a piece of aliminum and shaped it so that it will work.

·
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the dude at napa wouldn't tap my egr cooler. Think he was thinking it's illegal and didn't wanna get into it?

·
Registered
449 Posts
you can do it yourself dude...it's pretty easy..
jus get a 5/8 tap...and tap that bad boy in there bout an inch or so..
then clean it out...cut a small gasket put it on the bolt and thread the bolt..took me like 15 minutes or so....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts