Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so when i rebuilt my engine, i deleted the whole egr system. I removed the egr vsv and started to run a little weird, like surging and hesitation, really strange engine performance. I reinstalled the vsv but I don't know exactly how i should route the vaccum hoses since i don't have egr anymore. What i did was run the One vaccum hose to the Factory Stock location, which is to the vaccum tree and I just ran the other one straight to a nipple on the throttle body. Does anyone else have the hose routed differently?

·
Registered
747 Posts
You have a vacuum leak some where. What you'll have to is follow the lines where you disconnected the egr sys and make sure you eliminate any other unncessary vacuum line youw don't need. Also did you use block-off plates.

Later Keith

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes. It's all good now. But i didn't have a vaccum leak, and the throttle response was slightly off, but now is fine.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
well right after i removed my egr the car did not run right. And this is on an N/A... I removed the VSV, but I Know it does something but after i put it on, It cured the Surging and the leaning ... I swear because the Car seemed WAY under powered, I'de nail it and it wouldn't hardly pull and it would stumble then Surge... Seriously weird stuff. Got the VSV hooked up and now when i nail it under 4k and I can Clearly Feel a greater amount of pull with the intake in Long runner mode, Then i can Hear at 4k the Secondaries open very loudly.... Before they'de kick in, i could hear the intake switch a Note but No pull at all, no difference. SO this is my case and other ppl have had no problems, But i did everything 100% correct and i had problems without that vsv on my 89' na 5-speed. Removing the EGR does make a difference in power, on my n/a and i'de highly recommend it, as well as a few other Pro's, there are Cons, but Not related to drivability.

·
Registered
278 Posts
well right after i removed my egr the car did not run right. And this is on an N/A... I removed the VSV, but I Know it does something but after i put it on, It cured the Surging and the leaning ... I swear because the Car seemed WAY under powered, I'de nail it and it wouldn't hardly pull and it would stumble then Surge... Seriously weird stuff. Got the VSV hooked up and now when i nail it under 4k and I can Clearly Feel a greater amount of pull with the intake in Long runner mode, Then i can Hear at 4k the Secondaries open very loudly.... Before they'de kick in, i could hear the intake switch a Note but No pull at all, no difference. SO this is my case and other ppl have had no problems, But i did everything 100% correct and i had problems without that vsv on my 89' na 5-speed. Removing the EGR does make a difference in power, on my n/a and i'de highly recommend it, as well as a few other Pro's, there are Cons, but Not related to drivability.
thats interesting cause i have had a big discusion on here about removing the egr and everyone says that the egr is only for cruising, wot or idling is not effected by taking it off which makes since because wot you have no vaccum making it not work and idle the computer closes the vsv. so only drivability is effected in the way of gas mileage.

did you take off the fuel pressure vsv? or the egr vsv?
and did you have block off plates?
if you want i can find that thread for you about the whole egr deletion.

steven

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was the one who created the thread about egr deletion. Show a pic of which vsv is for the fuel pressure and the other for egr... Just take the pic i offered and circle each vsv and repost please.

·
Banned
330 Posts
i removed mines yeasterday on my 2jzge .i still have the vsv on there because i dont know what to do with the vaccume lines either too bad search is down anybody have a diagram of the vaccume lines routing

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
um they are vacuum lines? if you remove the thing the lines are going to you simply dont need the lines anymore.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had problems without the vsv, this is on a 7mge. Every GTE guy has no problems removing it, But i did. Isn't there a mkiv supra TSRM? Leave the vaccum line going to the throttle body, and cap the vsv line that went to the egr valve.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I had problems without the vsv, this is on a 7mge. Every GTE guy has no problems removing it, But i did. Isn't there a mkiv supra TSRM? Leave the vaccum line going to the throttle body, and cap the vsv line that went to the egr valve.
well mine is a ge, but right now im converting it to gte swapping all of the electronics and turbo stuff over.

so i guess i will be good? im running with 0 vacuum lines except for the bov and fuel pressure regulator. i took off the fpr vsv and egr vsv and capped everything.

there is a mk4 tsrm and i will send you the link shortly when i get it.

steven

1 - 11 of 11 Posts