Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to find the EGR gas temp probe connector on 98TTs. I read MKIV and I wanted to see if anyone can direct me a little better. Is there any distinct features in order for myself to recognize it right away. Will I need to jack the car up? Any and all help is appreciated.
Mike

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Other than it is a little bit harder to get to than the <96 models, it is pretty easy to see. You might need a flashlight but you will see it connected to the egr. The easiest way to work with it is to slide the connector from the bracket it is connected to, then unplug it. There is only one connector there that i could see and it is kinda under the egr system. I think that on MKIV.com they have a diagram that shows where it is located for the 97/98 models.

·
Old Member
167 Posts
It's not hard, it's just on the opposite side between the EGR and the firewall on the valve cover side. Easy to find, but a bit more difficult to insert and tape in the resister. With a little persistence, it's doable in about 5 minutes. I installed one about 3 weeks ago, and have had no ! light.

Jim
97tt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts