Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've made EGR mode acording to mkiv.com and my mechanic said it is worth nothing!!! Real EGR mode is mode with plates. You have to remove EGR not only bypass it. My sixth piston&cylinder&head is gone because of that fu#$%@# EGR mode.

Do not wait until the same hapened to you, do plates mode:mad:

·
Super Big D. Moderator
1,078 Posts
your mechanic sure ia a genious.. HOW exactly pray tell did the EGR mod kill your motor...i would REALLY like to know... Seems your mechanic has been Tokin on the EGR to long and is blowing hot air up your ass.
d.

·
SupraForums Member
434 Posts
Pete, the number 6 cyl and the num 1 are the ones that usually fail for some reason. The egr mod you did is better than not having it done at all so I really doubt that it was caused by the mod. Your car has very low milage on it. I have never heard of a TT with low milage messing up, only when they used NOS or had some other wierd stuff done.

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not done any wierd stuff so I was suprised really hard...

For sure it is better to have that mode than not but it is for your mind not for engine.

My mechanic who is taking care about my head right now (he will make super race head on my base) is best in Poland! He has done all engines of best rally cars in Poland. He also done engines for European Rally Champion - White_lightning think before you write...

peace

P.S. I have written that post to make all you guys more carreful. That's it.

·
Administrator
17,223 Posts
Peter,

Although it's clear you meant well with your post, keep in mind that your learning curve about the MKIV and its tuning are just beginning over there in Poland. We have had a lot more time and experience with it, and most of the problems are well documented on MKIV.com or even over here on SupraForums. Sometimes your comments can be taken to seem like you've suddenly stumbled upon some piece of knowledge that no one else ever has, and I don't think that is usually the case. Anyway, make sure you read all the technical articles over at MKIV.com and good luck with your rebuild.

Steve T.

W

·
0 Posts
he will make super race head on my base
For what, a 1000+ HP Supra? Seriously, don't touch ANYTHING you don't have to. Get stock Toyota everything, and put it back on the car. You will not improve upon it.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
White_lightning said:
your mechanic sure ia a genious.. HOW exactly pray tell did the EGR mod kill your motor...i would REALLY like to know... Seems your mechanic has been Tokin on the EGR to long and is blowing hot air up your ass.
d.
If his EGR was leaking to begin with, the simple EGR mod on mkiv.com will not help, only plate(s) will. The simple EGR mod is mainly used for people who do the FFCD, and yes it does cause 5&6th cylinder failure.

·
GA Rocks!
1,094 Posts
I believe Mohammed and Bryce did a test back in the days to see how much pressure it would take to force the egr to open without the plate and it was some god awful PSI. And even when it tries to open, it never gets to the motor. I have seen this on the dyno several times. you get a huge puff of white smoke and that hose blows up instead. Never does the egr system itself open up.

Thanks,
Sid

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
But if you ask Mohd now, I believe he says that the valve can go bad and leak over time... Mine did (you could hear it with the thing presurized) and so did another Supra's in town.

·
Registered
312 Posts
yes egr valves can leak, but on mkiv it should set fault in control
unit-egr temp sensor would see too high of temps falling outside
of border of normal operation of egr(part throttle), the biggest devil is heating up of rear of cyl. head by egr cooler so i'd say that's why egr block off plates is the best way to go. i've seen
egr valves leaking to the point the car would stumble and die
at idle, if you kept it at 1500 rpm it was ok, narazie, kiedy wpadasz do Stanow Piotrek?

W

·
0 Posts
At any rate, the EGR "mod" did not cause the problem. But it may have done nothing to alleviate it.

·
Super Big D. Moderator
1,078 Posts
wow. .so there are 1000 hp supras running around.. NONE have had damage due to EGR issues.. actualy.. i have YET to hear of a supra motor cratering due to the egr.. but your brainiac mechanic says it is.. maybe you need to step back and think about how "wonder full he is" i know many ppl who can build 1000 rwhp fords.. but do you think i would let them touch my Supra?? NO.. just because he is a "bad ass rally" bleh bleh bleh whozie whatsit mechanic doesnt mean he knows more then the common 3 toe'd sloth about a supra..
maybe YOU should think before you talk.
d.

M

·
0 Posts
@peter
sorry guy but all your problems are result of your unknowledge...
if you read mkiv.com carefully you can see that egr mod is recommended only with plates...
1.2 bar is recommended. when you would like to boost more you need better fuel - not 95 ...
i saw some pics with your turbos. wow. they were hot...
i think its the next part you will damaged... sorry, but if you dont change your settings it will be happend...
how much egt you have?
have you oil coiler?
cu
mac

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mydawgsupra94tt said:
, narazie, kiedy wpadasz do Stanow Piotrek?
I will be on 11th in Riverside until 17th.

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mac said:
@peter
sorry guy but all your problems are result of your unknowledge...
if you read mkiv.com carefully you can see that egr mod is recommended only with plates...
1.2 bar is recommended. when you would like to boost more you need better fuel - not 95 ...
i saw some pics with your turbos. wow. they were hot...
i think its the next part you will damaged... sorry, but if you dont change your settings it will be happend...
how much egt you have?
have you oil coiler?
cu
mac
You are right, I did not want to say EGR mode caused destruction of my engine. True is that it helped to aoid destruction but EGR plates would do better job.

I am thinking to get oil coiler. But that is $$$$$ :(

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Don't we have oil coiler in Supras?

What best oil coiler to buy and where to mount it? Is it possible to buy oil coiler from other car like Opel Omega 3.0 V6 - it is cheap - 80$

1 - 20 of 27 Posts