Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quick question about the EGR System. The car is currently singled. I am looking to put a block off plate in the top location between the EGR valve and the intake manifold. I am wanting to free up one of the intake manifold pressure source taps for my VPC and am wanting to know:

Could I just pull the EGR VSV line that goes to the IACV feed line and cap that off on the IACV line, and pull the VSV line that goes to the rear of the Intake manifold pressure source? In the process removing the vsv, and the EGR Vacuum Modulator? If I remember a while back, Andi was talking about removing and using one of the tapped pressure soureces but I cant remember the specifics... Thanks

B

·
0 Posts
Try to take a pic of the hose(s) you are wanting to use. We just got done doing all that stuff on a 94 and I'll try to compare them for you. If you cant get pics just give me a real detailed expaination and I'll see if I can help ya.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The hose that I want to use is the one that comes off of the EGR VSV and around to the back of the intake manifold.

What I was thinking was that since I have already done the basic EGR mod of pulling the vacuum hose and unplugging the EGR valve and inserting the resistor, then the EGR should be rendered "non functional"...

If I were to use a EGR blockoff plate and cap the lead that comes off of the IAC air feed going to the EGR VSV then I could pull the intake manifold pressure source going to the VSV and render the vsv useless and in the process I could use the newly freed pressure tap. Basically i think I would be rendering the EGR VSV and Valve inoperable while freeing up a pressure source for my VPC. Am I right in my assumtptions?

·
Registered
430 Posts
yes it will work. I removed my vsv and the egr modulator and ran my vpc hose to the back of the intake where the vsv use to plug into. My next project is to block off the erg valve and remove it completely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts