Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one removed theegr system from there n/a supra? if give me some info thanks Brett

93.5 Supra ;)

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
Hey i had to reply just because your name is so Badass. Anyway i havent yet but im pretty damn sure it will require expensive shtuff to do it like a VPC and stand alone fuel system but im not sure. Possibly Just a VPC i thought about doing this a while back because the egr stuff makes the engine bay look so cluttered and i dont think it would be street legal once you do it either.
Later

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well it looks like im the first for a mkiv supra n/a setup to remove the egr pipe out of the throttle body and block the egr system and still have the car running right . it was a pain but once i saw the schematic for the egr hose's i was fine. i definetely picked up a improvemnt in throttle respone and as for emissions i will find out if i was if the car is running mint and it already warm thers no reason it shouldnt pass. the same is for the turbo supra's ,the pipe i removed out of the intake manifold easily gave me more airflow/ plus disturbing the flow path and it is now how it should be. atleast for my car :0 anyways with the car in neutral tap the throttle i it revs so freely and pulls alot harder on the top end. i even had the car sideways pulling out of a gas station. keep in mind i have a automatic I took my friend for aride in it he couldnt believe it was all motor. he kept asking its not turbo ? with a big smile on his face from the ride you sure its to quick. by the way the car has a stock exhuast. i also removed the coolant pipe that goes threw the throttle body this lowers intake temperature and so does blocking the egr and removing the pipe.
you will see a big gain when turboing this setup and a decent improvemnt on a n/a car remember thats your collant loine is keeping your throttlebody and aroung 160 degree . high intake temp=lost power/effecientcy.in my old 95 chevy impala with a lt1 worked i saw i easy 8-10 horsepower improvemnt on a dyno no joke its proven. If you decide to do this setup on your non turbo 93-98 supra ill give you all the details. but remeber who told you about the n/a egr mod and coolant bypass mod first .(XDreamer) p.s im going to dyno the car in the next couple weeks. all i have done is about 50 dollars in parts from pep boys and alot of time and fabrication . but its a hell of alot faster then when i bought it. the car right now weighs about 3100 lbs .

Are there any n/a mkiv supra owners on long island ? I just got my car and i am one of the only n/a supra around where i live.

K

·
0 Posts
Not to burst your bubble but I think Dave Henry may have beaten ya to the egr removal.

As for the coolant/throttle body bypass, I was wondering about this same mod, too. I've read of DSMs doing this mod.

Let us know how things go and good luck

Mike

Xdreamer said:
Well it looks like im the first for a mkiv supra n/a setup to remove the egr pipe out of the throttle body and block the egr system and still have the car running right .

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol ok then im the second supposedly to do the egr black / pipe removal on my n/a and the first i know of to do the coolant bypass. the cars pulls alot harder. and i noticed the intake amnfiold and throttlebody are alot cooler after runnning it for awhile. i am going to get a temp gun and tell you the exact difference in power/ and heat. i have great sucess doing this in my impala and the same wit hthe supra. i dont konw why everyone hasnt being trying this.

K

·
0 Posts
Cool beans. :) I'll probably try this when I get home too. Wasn't that coolant hose(toward the drivers side) under the throttle body fun to get at. :)

Mike

Xdreamer said:
lol ok then im the second supposedly to do the egr black / pipe removal on my n/a and the first i know of to do the coolant bypass. the cars pulls alot harder. and i noticed the intake amnfiold and throttlebody are alot cooler after runnning it for awhile. i am going to get a temp gun and tell you the exact difference in power/ and heat. i have great sucess doing this in my impala and the same wit hthe supra. i dont konw why everyone hasnt being trying this.
:)

R

·
0 Posts
That's awesome!!! I'll be looking to do this mod since you swear it makes a big difference. The only thing is I need to know what to get at PepBoys and also how to do the mod. Thanks and us NA are very happy!!!

R

·
0 Posts
I need help with this mod. Thanks and LMK

I'm not even sure where the EGR system is at on the NA, but I'm pretty sure that I know where it is.

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
sounds interesting... how do i do it? how much will it cost me? if i did this, will i be able to put it back to normal?

can you tell me more about what the egr does for my car?

Y

·
0 Posts
Go to www.MKIV.com and look in their tech tips. Great instructions, pics, and alternatives ranging from blocking off to complete removal.

R

·
0 Posts
I believe that is for the TT. If I'm not mistaken, the EGR on the TT and the NA are different. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
hey guys sorry i have just seen the rpelys. the tech article for the egr removal is not the same as the n/a egr removal block. I will write up a parts list and how to. the way i did it i have to but a used intake manifold to reverse the mod but i can show you how to do it without having that problem . it cost me at most 20-dollars in parts and some time to do it.iwilll write up a tech artcile on nautral aspirirated specific collant hose re-route and egr- pipe removal and block. . All i know is if i pull out of a gas station like making a left or right out of it on to a main street i can make the tires smoke for a good amount of feet no jokei did it tonight i had then smoking till 7k rpms then i let off all i could smell was burnt rubber when i stopped at the red light and if i am making a u-turn i have no problem gettin the car sideways. take in mind i took 100lbs off the rear of the car and mines a automatic yes automatic n/a but the auto shifter comes in handy i did a custom ram air inatke setup but i still have a stock exhuast and nothing big. i noticed the throttle body and intake manifold to be running alot cooler since the egr and coolant removal mods i thought of and did. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts