Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok have my engine out (been out for 2 months)... anyway I need hel pon the vaccuming. The blue hoses are the ones I think I dont need anymore, as well as the VSV..

Im making the block offs from aluminum so that will be taekn care of.

1. What do I cap off on the throttle body
2. Where does that green arrowed pipe lead to?
3. Anything else i need to know?

thanks in advance.

cassio

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
ma71supraturbo said:
Why are you removing EGR? It doesn't hurt performance and is a sure-fire way to fail visual inspection
we dont have inspection :D its FL

and EGR makes the engine bay ugly and removing it cleans it up a lot more then you would think.....

its also quicker and better flow of the vacuum and in general.

cassio why dont you remove the cahrcoal canister while yuore at it also? might as well......

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its all gone, just need to know whats up w/ the TB and the vacuuming, should I block it off and the green arrow where does that hook up???

removing Cruise controll also.

·
5,467 Posts
umm i think you still need one of the hoses from the top of the throttle body ...im not sure which one...but the JDM engines i have and seen still have one hose there....and none of them have egr ..... i wish i could help but i honestly dont know cause my engine is in about 3 illion pieces right now..let alone the vacuum lines lol

kinda seems like both mine and your project will be done at around the same time? whens your goal date?

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well im hoping to get the engine in next week, if UPS ever gets there ass over to my apartment so I can put the intake and tranny back together... I have a guy in orlando that Im getting a t)$ from, but thts after xmas... so hopefully by the new year...

how about you?

as for the hose one is the purge???? as far as the tsrm is conserned... but still kinda confused/

·
5,467 Posts
cassio said:
I have a guy in orlando that Im getting a t)$ from, but thts after xmas... so hopefully by the new year...

how about you?

youre getting a what from a guy in orlando? lol

well if all goes well my engine wil be ready for installation in less then two weeks...my goal is for about a week from now.....however i think mi gonna be waiting on my clutch to come so i can slap it on there real quick :D

as far as the hoses....im not really clear aside from the fact that the jdm engines dont have egr...and they all have the one hose coming from the top of the TB down to the side.... i believe you still need the one vsv to control vacuum there.....

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
woops, getting a t04b....my car looks like shit... after i finish the engine I get o start on the restoration process... I saw an 87 NA at a junkyard today w/ a perfect interior. but it was already sold!!!

my exterior will be painted in the middle of Jan, and my interior will be done after that. I have already shaved my antenna hole, and done some other work, such as painting the bay, and removing rust from the tire well area....

hopefully we can meet when we're all done, unfortunately mine will look like ass for a little while

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
All of the blue lines can be removed as long as you cap the 2nd port on the throttle body. The port marked in green goes to the recirc valve, don’t remove that one ;)

On the JDM engines, the single port goes to the charcoal canister. If you aren’t using one, you can cap both of them off.

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is my TB,

which one needs to be plugged blue or red?

I bought this car used and am finding things i need to do everyday :)

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
cassio, if you are removing the egr AND the charcoal canister, just block them both off...the red one (arrow) is the egr port, and the blue one is the line that goes to the bvsv for the chrcoal canister. If you are keeping the charcoal canister (dunno why you would) then just cap off the red one.

·
5,467 Posts
ah! good info im learning something :) so is any of that piping and/or vsv underneath the intake manifold necessary when you remove the charcoal canister and the egr.....?

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ahhh thanks Conundrum and Supra_N20.... this should be a sticky, or a tech archive

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
you can remove all of the red vac lines, but im not sure if you can remove the vsv, or just zip-tie it up. i have mine off, but my engine is half apart. so im not sure if it would throw a code...you can try it though. if you CAN remove it, dont throw it away cause youll probably need a new vsv for something down the line. HTH

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
if I remove all the red vaccum lines ill have zero vaccum???
did you mean blue??

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
yeah, thats what i meant...sorry, brainfart...

S

·
0 Posts
IdealSupra said:
ah! good info im learning something :) so is any of that piping and/or vsv underneath the intake manifold necessary when you remove the charcoal canister and the egr.....?
The VSV toward the front of the engine is for your fuel pressure up. Keep that one, it makes starting and running the engine while heat soaked easier.

Everything else you can take off. The vacuum comes from the big hose on the front of the manifold. The throttle body ports are not needed if you don't have EGR or the charcoal canister.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts