Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am getting white smoke from my exhaust and from my dipstick. when i open my engine oil cap the car boggs and almost stalls. i also sort of hear a misfire in the engine but i think it could be related to the eg not getting recirculated properly. its not a bhg i just redid that....

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
like 15 miles on hg. u can hear nlow by too. i just wanna know if its egr valve cause it seemed brittle when i put it in but it might be piston rings idk did anyone have this problem???

· Hardtop FTW
1,931 Posts
If it tries to stall when you remove the oil cap, don't do it lol. If you think about it, air entering the intake through the cap, then valve covers, then breather system is unmetered air, and that's usually how these cars respond to unmetered air, especially N/A's. You might have bad rings. A few of the BHG cars that I've fixed have had bad rings afterwards. It happens when the engine goes a long time with a BHG. It rusts everything up on the inside of the engine if it's bad enough. Is your dipstick popping up/out?

· Registered
198 Posts
i had that problem. is your car constantly smoking white? if it is, It might be your turbo that is gone already. check if your car is loosing any coolant. it can't be piston rings because the car would be smoking blue instead of white. Check the turbo for any shaft play in the wheel if it is bad, you have to replace it. the bearings on my turbo got worned out so coolant was entering into the intake system causing the car to smoke white. Remember if it smokes white it is coolant entering the combustion chamber. if its blue its is oil being burned, and if it is black then it is fuel problems.

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i changed turbos and its still doing it. the turbo thats in it now was on the car when i bought it which worked fine. the dipstick isnt popping out its just smoking from inside it. the car idles kinda poorly and i hear a ticking noise too. im leaning towards rings but hopefully not.. but the air may not be recirculating right though perhaps??? hence egr valve

· Banned
5,915 Posts
well i changed turbos and its still doing it. the turbo thats in it now was on the car when i bought it which worked fine. the dipstick isnt popping out its just smoking from inside it. the car idles kinda poorly and i hear a ticking noise too. im leaning towards rings but hopefully not.. but the air may not be recirculating right though perhaps??? hence egr valve
Do a compression check.

· Banned
5,915 Posts
im going to do compresssion as well as a coolant test. if its compression then imma have to say rings but if its coolant then egr?? sound like a good hypothesis??

A cooling system pressure test won't diagnose an EGR problem. It will tell you you have a leak somewhere in the cooling system... radiator, hoses, heater core, waterpump, headgasket..etc.

If the EGR was faulty, you would get a CEL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.