Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how the hell do i get this thing off. its the only thing keeping me from finishing my car. i got the bottom bolt off (i hope thats what bolt i took out) how do i get the top one out? i cant figure it out at all. ive just been staring at it for 2 hours completely confused
PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, im not sure but from the way it looks, it looks like fuel rail needs to come off. i really would rather not pull it but i think thats what its coming down to.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i pulled the fuel rail and managed to get that bolt out. honestly when i bought this car i had no idea how much of a PITA this manifold gasket was gonna be. i dont wanna hate my 7m but its making it hard for me not to.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just did my HG and it was a pain. But I would recomend getting EGR block off plates, I just ordered mine. The only thing the EGR valve does, is it recirculates hot air back through you intake manifold. And the block off plate, just makes it to where cool air can go to your intake manifold.

·
Overlooked
4,677 Posts
^ Never mind the Nox, idle, warm-up, etc. It's there for a good reason and you'll probably end up with more problems without it if you don't set your car up right.

·
7m love... dont hate.
2,571 Posts
not to mention that the ecu sees the unburnt fuel from the egr as part of the air/fuel mixture which when removing it causes the motor to run lean in curise,part throttle and, up hill situations.

also the egr cooler in-fact does cool the head and your head will run hotter with it removed on the no6 cyl.

dont remove it. period. unless you have a jdm ecu or standalone to which the ecu noes there is no egr.

you will not get any gains from removing it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well for now im leaving all of the stock emiisions equiptment on the car because i need it as my daily driver and i cant afford to break anything. im just going to buy another motor and slowly build it to handle quite a bit of power.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just did my HG and it was a pain. But I would recomend getting EGR block off plates, I just ordered mine. The only thing the EGR valve does, is it recirculates hot air back through you intake manifold. And the block off plate, just makes it to where cool air can go to your intake manifold.

Um no. As stated above and also...good luck detonating...the TCCS is programmed foir that inert air at certain conditions, remove inert air add air...run lean detonate....another fuck my 7m thread. In order to run no egr you need to be running a JDM ecu (whichis programmed for no egr so you won't run lean) or a standalone

1 - 11 of 11 Posts