Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What components would I need to measure my EGTs (i.e., EGT gauges) and what mods would I have to make to the car?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
If you want to know what's really going on cylinder-by-cylinder, instantly and accurately, get this system:
http://www.egtsensor.com/
I have it and it works beautifully. :)

If you want a gauge that reads low and slow, get a GReddy ), HKS, Apex, Autometer, etc. (I also have).

Steve

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve,

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry if I caused confusion, but let me clarify my question. If I purchased an EGT gauge from GReddy, HKS, etc. is there anything else I need to get EGT readings?

Thanks again,
Mike

B

·
0 Posts
98SupraTT said:
Steve,

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry if I caused confusion, but let me clarify my question. If I purchased an EGT gauge from GReddy, HKS, etc. is there anything else I need to get EGT readings?

Thanks again,
Mike
The kit should contain everything you need. All you have to do is to get the egt bung welded.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
For what you get, it's a pretty decent deal -- 8 quick-reacting probes plus data-logging, peak/hold, etc. You can actually get some useful information with this system. You can compare cylinder-by-cylinder and see if the AFR is uniform. You can put a wideband probe on one cylinder and then determine the AFR on all the rest by correlating the AFR and EGT readings. Unlike thermocouple type gauges, the system reacts fast enough to do that because the sensors are open elements in a cage, and it uses electronic enhancements to speed the reaction time. If anyone wanted a system I can get it for them for a bit of a discount.

Steve

Trevor said:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts