Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning on ordering Eibach tonight but the RSR and GReddys keep catching my eye because i know theyre good companies but haven't heard or seen their product (springs) for the mkIII. I was wondering if anyone has any info/pictures of mkIII's with either of those 3 springs. If so, please clarify what company they are. And if you have info, please clearly clarify what company the info goes with so i get my facts straight. Thanks.

~matt~

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
10 posts and no replys yet? Cmon please...need info/pics ASAP. already searched and found one source pmpaluda and sent him a PM but thats not instant response.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everybody seems to have Eibachs, I do. Havent really heard any complaints. I don't know much about the greddys, I thought they had been discountinued. No clue on the RSRs. The most important part is to know how much they are going to drop your car. I noticed your in WA, I'm going to be switching out my Eibachs for Apexi's, if your interested....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im in WA :) I got H&R's they are a nice drop. I would get Eibachs rather than try something new that people dont have experience with.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Search, meng. There's tons on Eibachs (pics too) but you'll find almost nill about rsr or greddy.

·
Registered
311 Posts
RSR has a pretty hard rate on its springs... I think even higher than Eibach sportline kit, if you don't want too agressive setup, you prefer using Eibach...
my friend put a set of RS-R on his Prelude with Bilstein shocks and the car jump over the bumps.. i don't think it's a good setup.
so if you are going for any non adjustable shocks, dont use RSR..

·
MKIV SUPRA FREAK
1,738 Posts
i got suspension tech. with tokico shocks..so far i've been liking them..i'm thinking about changing the springs though..

·
On the edge of adhesion..
942 Posts
I would'nt advise getting the Greddy springs, my friend has them and I think they are a bit oversprung, the car seemed to bounce around a little to much especially at higher speeds. I have HKS springs and I love them but they are not made anymore but a nice alternative would be Eibach or Intrax. Good luck!!

Khris

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
Lightning said:
im in WA :) I got H&R's they are a nice drop. I would get Eibachs rather than try something new that people dont have experience with.
damn, hella peep in seattle been gettin H&R's I got em a few month ago and love em!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ya, i almost got the H&R's a while ago before other problems arose. I changed my mind though because i'd never seeen them on a MKIII and it seems on here like pictures aren't doin as much justice as i thought they would. Anyways, i placed an order through Import RP last friday for Eibachs w/ Bilstein struts. Should be here soon.

·
AEM SP63
1,459 Posts
My sig pic is the height with Tokico HP's (blue) and Eibach springs. I love Eibach's, have no probs with them.

·
Under Construction!!!!!
156 Posts
my dad has greddy on his and he ahs had no complaints he actually loves them apart form the H&R's that came with the car when he bought the car. He said it was too low but the Greddy are nice and my dad's car has never bounced a lot on the springs oh and he has Illumina II's for his struts.

·
Registered
867 Posts
i hate the h&r's. First off they are too low. so if you have anything but a stock front it would be too low. And the spring rates are way too soft. My buddy installed some with tokico's and my car with stock shocks and eibachs is much stiffer and rides a whole lot better. IMO get the eibachs and tokico's. But honestly i like how teins ride. And it's not much more then the eibach/tokico setup. You're looking at around 900-1000 for the teins and 600-700 for the eibach/tokico setup. Not much difference and you'll have way more adjustability with it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I like my H&R's with Tokicos. The handling may not be as good as the Eibachs but I don't want to bounce around like a damn bunny.

My friend also has RSR springs on hus Prelude and it's like he's riding with turned-over leafsprings. He bounces hella bad.

Tim

·
Canada, Eh?
2,398 Posts
do you want a pic of my car with Koni Yellows and a single cut coil off the stock springs?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts