Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
wut
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought some brand new Eibach springs off someone for my TT tonight and I have a question about them.

The model number on the box is 8234.140. I didn't realize this at the time of buying them but it looks like the spring set I bought is the one for the 93-98 Supra NA. I "wanted" the ones specifically for my TT, of course. I just looked up the model number for those and it is 8222.140.

Now the main difference I see between these two spring sets is this: The NA set is 1.3" drop in front/1.0" drop in rear............the TT set is 1.2" drop in front/1.0" drop in rear. So the NA set that I have will be slightly lower in the front by only a tenth of an inch and the same in the rear. Does anyone know if there are other differences besides the different drop rate? And will they still work with my car okay?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I know that the parts will go into your car,as for the rates,I couldn't be sure.
The factory springs/shocks are different to accomodate the heavier brakes on the TT.

·
wut
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh man I hoped I didn't get jacked:( Anyone else have any info?

·
Registered
527 Posts
A guy over here had the opposite problem, TT springs on an NA.

Basically, a TT is heavier at the front so it has stronger spriings. If you have NA springs on a TT, it will probaly sit lower at the front due to this.

Hope this helps :)

·
wut
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone happen to know the wieght difference between the NA and TT?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts