Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Mooch.
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here from the area? I've heard nothing but bad shit about it, but I'll be there on business for a month starting Thursday. I'm limited to travel distance from the city, so despite being from Austin, no trips will be made anywhere like that, nor will I be heading south into Juarez. So, as for the city itself, how is it, and what the hell is there to do? I'll be staying on Fort Bliss, but will have quite a bit of free time so I'm open to suggestions. I won't have any firearms flying in with me either, so unless I bring my golf clubs, the only thing I can think to do is drink and sit around at the pool if the temp gets into the 80s...

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
My x-gf grew up there and it sounds like half of the girls that live there are pregnant before they are 18.

Can't tell you much else.

·
King of Smack Talk
487 Posts
The city sucks. Not a damn thing to do there, and its infested with lowlife scum that would steal from a church.

Fuck El Paso.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
The city sucks. Not a damn thing to do there, and its infested with lowlife scum that would steal from a church.

Fuck El Paso.
werd, that place is pretty much a straight up shit-hole. I think its because all our "immigrant" friends come over and bring all there problems with them...Not to mention a drug war is taking place.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
the greatest thing to do in El Paso is packing up and getting the fuck out of there.

·
651 Posts
the greatest thing to do in El Paso is packing up and getting the fuck out of there.
Yep, that's the wild, wild west over there.... As a white American, I would recommend not going there for any reason.

No shit, it's the arm pit of the entire northern hemisphere.

More people are kidnapped and killed around that town than prolly any other border town. It's so fucked up with all the drug cartels fighting.

Really, don't go there

TK

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
i was stationed at Ft. Bliss for 4 years. yes its a shithole but i have been in worse places. i used to go to a club called Club 101. its in downtown. i havent been there for over 10 years so i dont even know if its still there

·
98 RSP TT
2,532 Posts
The best thing to come out of Hell Paso is the band that split up called At the Drive-In. It is a complete dump. You can see the slums across the border and its filthy. Its basically San Antonio x 1,000,000 without Six Flags and a championship basketball team.

·
pirates like cookies
702 Posts
Pace is better.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I was there briefly for one night/half a day and it was ok, seems like a boring place to live in. It felt GREAT to drive outta there with my Supra, on to AZ then finally to CA (L.A) where I live.

·
Mooch.
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, today is my second day here, and I agree already with all of the above posts. Place is fucking horrible. The weather is decent now, but I've yet to find anything good here other than a big newer Barnes and Noble - which was ruined when some non-english speaker was asking me for something in the parking lot with my buddy, and he was pissed at us for only knowing enough spanish to tell him that I don't know spanish/mexican-fuked-up-as-all-hell-spanish.

UTEP is actually a pretty cool looking Campus, and I've never been to the sun bowl so I thought it was cool how its built into the mountain. Other than that though, I'm not looking forward to the rest of my month here. Even the hospital is a ratty piece of shit, and I've seen some pretty nasty hospitals. Never in my life have I seen so many people riding bikes around a military base . . . apparently buying alcohol takes priority over owning a car here.

·
King of Smack Talk
487 Posts
You know why the UTEP stadium is built into the mountain? Because half of the fucking people cant afford tickets so they sit above the stadium to watch the game.

El Paso, roughly translated by me, means "The World's Asshole." People who just drive through without stopping come out shittier people than they went in as.

·
Mooch.
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome. I knew what to expect within 5 minutes of leaving the airport. We saw ALS crews responding to a stabbing outside of the Cassidy gate, a MADD drunk driving campaign car smashed to shit, and not a single white woman. This place rocks. Why are mexican women ugly as sin???

1 - 20 of 28 Posts