Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fluidine radiator and want to get rid of the stock fan and shroud. Do i have to buy one of the kits that can be found on MVPMotorsports or can i just buy an electric fan (or 2) and do it that way? If so, what sizes should I get?

Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
I can see that you have a fmic so make sure the fan or fans that you get move as many cfm as the factory fan does. The one from mvp moves a little more.The factory fam moves 3300cfm the mvp claim 3350-3400. They work great I have one on my 94.

·
Registered
642 Posts
The duel 12" Flex-a-lite fans work and look awesome just hurts the wallet a little at $400+ unless you can find them used but they come with adj. thermo sensor to turn on very easy to install and thin.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I had the AAP fans and never had a problem. I just installed a 14" and 10" zirgo though since the AAP's became a clearance problem with 4" piping. My new setup will flow over 4k cfm's. It really depends if you want the bling the aap gives you, it is a nice piece. You will need to bend a tab though to install the aap's don't forget.

·
Enter The Supra
1,903 Posts
I had the AAP fans and never had a problem. I just installed a 14" and 10" zirgo though since the AAP's became a clearance problem with 4" piping. My new setup will flow over 4k cfm's. It really depends if you want the bling the aap gives you, it is a nice piece. You will need to bend a tab though to install the aap's don't forget.
Mike, did you just wire them straight to the alternator? I just got the AAP's, and they're going back in when I get my engine back together.

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
I just installed a 14" and 10" zirgo though since the AAP's became a clearance problem with 4" piping. My new setup will flow over 4k cfm's.

So does that mean you can just directly bolt these fans onto the radiator? So a kit isnt needed to mount them to the radiator?

Sorry just a little unclear from the post i've read, not sure if anyone gave a direct yes or no answer.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
You can use that mounts that go through the rad core fins to mount em. The AAP just mounts cleaner since it uses the stock mounts and a pretty aluminum enclosure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts