Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
6,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys... lets see those sexy beasts.. lol Getting ready to finally replace mine and was just wondering what you guys are running and how its worked out for ya. Think i got a good idea of what i want but HEY im open for options... please explain in detail what you have and what NORMAL operating temp you see. Anyone running a aftermarket Water Pump? Thanks ahead of time guys....

Trey

· Registered
3,669 Posts
My observation. I have the stock rad and FAL 220 fans running full time. They are re-wired with thicker, individual wires. The car does not have any temp issues at 100deg, but the fans are drawing down the dang autozone battery every 4 days it seems. Argh. The alt seems to be a reman factory unit, which may be a factor. My commute is all in-town with lots of lights, so it does not get any good long-time constant driving.

· Registered
7,850 Posts
I run Fluydine with the FAL's

here is the test fit i did in my old place. Looked good :)

I run the fans 100% of the time. 90 degree days here with A/C at full tilt.

I run an Orbital battery. Same thing as the Optima :)

· 475RWHP 449TQ and climing
6,183 Posts
I used the ford contor fan and the relay that pepboys sell with the
fal kits. I brought a temperature probe kit that turns on and off 180-160 degrees; however my mechanic rewired it to the temp sender switch so that it goes on and of after the engine warms up. A line can be sent from the relay to the ac line and when the ac comes on the fan will run all the time. When I ran it through a keyed switch the dual fans cooled the car lower than the stock fan. I have no battery drain or over heat problems now for 1 month. It's the BEST 50.00 mod that I have done.

· Registered
409 Posts
i'm runnin' stock rad w/fal 220's....each fans is hooked up to a 50w switch...no over heating problems so far..the needle on my auto meter gauge stays at or below 210...knock on wood that my battery doesn’t drain...:rolleyes:

· Got Boost?
180 Posts
Can anyone hook me up with some pics of the dual fal's installed on the stock rad? Thanks. I just wanna see how well it fits the rad. I might have measured wrong but i dont think they fit properly between the top and bottom endtanks of the stock rad do they? It seems it wants to sit up on top of the endtanks leaving the seal for the fans open on the sides if that makes any sense, but like i said, i could have measured wrong i was in a hurry... what did you guys do to install them and any pics to help would be awesome! :) Thanks!

· Sometimes I see dead ppl
1,618 Posts
I'm running the fluidyne/FAL 210/220's. I have the switch hard-wired so that when I start the car the switch goes on, and it goes off when I feel like-or when I forget and the battery goes dead (definately NO Vallet here!!). I usually run a little on the hot side though, but I think that is in part because of my 180 deg. stat (switched to stock) and my .060 over bore.
Talk with JT, Trey, I think he actually recommened me to go with another brand rad. than fluidyne, but I never listened.

· ODS
840 Posts
Two row 100% aluminum from Fluidyne... 210/220 fans... New thermostat (dealer), new coolant (dealer), and a bottle of water wetter... I wired up the fans so that when the car turns on, the fans come on, when the car turns off, the fan turns off... But you can have the car off, turn the key half way and keep the fans running... I got a really nice gas mileage jump after putting in the fans... I wrote up a how to on wiring it up so the fans kick on when you turn the key (do a search for it, you will find it), and all the wiring stays under the hood, right around the battery/fuse box (no running wires under the dash) its really easy to do if you do it this way...

At 80mph the temp stays a good amount under normal operating temps... When the car is idleing you can put your hand by the coolant over flow bottle and feel the air being sucked through that whole area... All nice and cold...

SMo'

· Registered
2,061 Posts

these are dual dsm fans on the stock radiator held up by plastic snap ties and are controlled by a 30amp relay with a switch in the cockpit. The fans work awsome and cool alot better then the crappy clutchfan. Only problem is they are real loud, but when driving you really cant hear them so I have no problems with it. The snapties hold the fans really well..been driving with the fans for a while now and they arnt melting or cracking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.