Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I am getting electric fans, and thinking about those Zirgo fans from ebay, I have the CSF race rad and a 3,5" thick IC. I am not sure if I should get two 12" fans or a single 16" fan. The 12"s are rated at 1600 cfm each and the 16" at 3300 cfm. I kind of like the idea of two fans, so if one fails for whatever reason, there will still be another one running, also the covered area will be more with two fans. I was also thinking of getting the FAL 210's but The only flow about 2500 cfm and some people say they dont move enough air to cool a 1J.
Any opinions, or what electrics are you using?

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
i have the 210's on my 1jz with stock radiator.there is not alot of room for ic pipes,if you go bigger than stock.i have a 180deg fan switch on mine.the only problem i had was i got water in the relay with a pressure washer and it stopped working till i cleaned the terminals and plug.my motor has stock twins also,probably less heat then your set up.even thougth the set up looks clean and neat uvder my hood,i would probably find a different set of fans.
keith

·
fbody to supra to fbody
2,015 Posts
I ditched my electric for a 2jz setup. I didn't like where the temperature was sitting. Yesterday on an 80 degree day in traffic and boost, temp was at about 160-170. Just some food for thought. I had a single 16", not duals. I also have fmic hardpipes on a single and there's no need for me to change anything with the fan, it fits perfectly with my KOYO.

-J

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Just for reference:

My car is STILL not running But, i have kicked on the FAL 210 fans just to see how much they would flow. I also have a 1JZ Trust IC. It allows for more of an angle and a little more air flow to the radiator then say the Blitz LM.

I'm going to be running the FAL Variable Speed Fan Controller. Kinda expensive unit ($70) but it's pretty sweet. So, with the PWR radiator full i kicked on the fans and i was IMPRESSED. I could feel air suction from the BACK of the IC with the fans mounted on the engine bay side of the radiator (Puller fan, not pusher)!! If this thing doesn't cool enough, i'm not really sure what i'm going to do. This SHOULD be more then enough to keep the temps where i want them though.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
it was 80deg today and my electric fans didn't seem to run alot.i got some red-line water wetter in there also.if i find that i'm having problems,i 'll get mkIV clutch fan and call it a day.electric fans don't rob power so i'd like to keep them.
keith

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I picked up some FAL 210's today, I test fitted it with the CSF Race rad and there is about 3/4-1" between the fans and the engine pulleys. The problem is now ther isnt much room to fit the 3" IC piping that I want to use between the fans, A/C compressor and A/C lines. What have you guys done to fit IC piping with these fans?. I really dont want to have to relocate the battery to the trunk and go through where the battery was. Do you know of any smaller bateries that might fit?.

BTW with the CSF race rad there is about 3.5" between the rad and the waterpump pulley. With the stock rad there is 4- 4.25".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts