Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have had the electric fan kit for some time, but i have always set them to be "Key-on" but i would like to change that. I want them to be Temp set like the factory auxiliry fan. Any idea's of where i can tap the relay's into to achieve this??? :)

Thanks guys

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tap into the stock harness that goes to the small fans that used to be on there. They are set to something like when the A/C is on and it's over 98 degrees but you can change that through mods.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you happen to know which wire it is on that harness?
and which harness it is? :) LOL i havent had those fans on there in like 3 years

PS thank you!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Key on...

Chucky Doll said:
How do you wire them to come on when the key is in the ignition? I want the fans to run full time. Thanks.
that one is pretty easy just find any number of wires under the hood that are "key on" (use your test light to find them) and just tap off of that, the relay wont draw much power of them so it wont be a big deal

i didnt like this i want them to only be on when needed

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any other available input on where i can tap this off of? i think i found the plug for the old fan was but i am unsure.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll have to look @ it, I still don't have my service manuals :( . BTW - why don't you like full-time operation?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know... what I did on one of my pervious cars is that I got an AUX temp sensor kit.. basically what it did was you mount this probe into the radiator fins.. and set it via dip switches..

it kicks on / kicks off when needed... worked perfect for me.. did alot of road racing and had no problems what so ever... including HOT Los Angeles summers with a turbo upgrade..

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MaxPrime said:
I'll have to look @ it, I still don't have my service manuals :( . BTW - why don't you like full-time operation?

BIG draw on the electrical system. Give you an example while i was playin with it last night i would go from 14.2 V too 11 by having the fans on full time (brand new alternator and everything) so why put that strain on the electrical system if you dont need too?? you guys know what i mean?

PS the small radiator fan plug worked very strange, would kick on, then off, just wen t off and on but only when the AC was on, thought that fan was suposed too kick in @ certain temps too??

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Which Fans are you running Thanks

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
How much cfm do the flow and do you know how many amp they use? I am looking to buy a elctric fan soon . Thanks

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Wouldn't the fans have to be on full time to prevent over heating? If not how would you know when to turn them on and off? I don't have a water temp gauge so by time the factory temp gauge moved it would be over heating already wouldn't it?:(

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Chucky Doll said:
Wouldn't the fans have to be on full time to prevent over heating? If not how would you know when to turn them on and off? I don't have a water temp gauge so by time the factory temp gauge moved it would be over heating already wouldn't it?:(
Chucky,
what i want too do is use the Factory switch that kicks the small aux fan on to kick my big fans on.
and no there is no reason to have the fans running full time. They are only needed when in traffic, on hot days, or while idleing. in reality i may try to figure out a way to make them speed sensitive, AND temp sensitive. kinda overkill i know! LOL

I dont know what the exact draw, and amp they are, but if you are curious im sure the Flex-a-lite website will have the info for ya. too tired to go get it for you sorry! :(
www.flex-a-lite.com
we use the 210's i belive

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
thanks

94StupraTT said:

Chucky,
what i want too do is use the Factory switch that kicks the small aux fan on to kick my big fans on.
and no there is no reason to have the fans running full time. They are only needed when in traffic, on hot days, or while idleing. in reality i may try to figure out a way to make them speed sensitive, AND temp sensitive. kinda overkill i know! LOL

I dont know what the exact draw, and amp they are, but if you are curious im sure the Flex-a-lite website will have the info for ya. too tired to go get it for you sorry! :(
www.flex-a-lite.com
we use the 210's i belive
Thanks for the info. One more question. I bought the electric fans from a friend but he broke/lost the brackets that hold the fans to radiator. Where can I find these brackets? Should I just fabricate something? I belive PHR sells them for $80 plus shipping buts thats to much MOFO money for brackets IMO.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts