Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
wasting my life on SF
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im thinking about buying the flexalite electric fans for my supra. the mvp website claims you shed 10 lbs of rotating weight.

im wondering if anyone is running them and their opinions.

did you pickup power? engine run cooler?

any thoughts would be great.

·
---
2,768 Posts
Go with the AAP fan shroud, flex-a-lite won't cut it. You will notice a slight increase in freed horsepower. As to running cooler, hard to tell. It does make maitenance a lot easier though, and you can't beat the look. I run them on a daily driven supra in the southwest and couldnt be happier; I believe Dusty runs them on his as well.

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
I also run the dual flex-a-lite fans and they work well. Make sure you wire a relay to each fan or you will get this vibrating sound when sitting inside the car.

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
AAP fans are suppose to be very good, however, I have no first hand experience.

I have tried running elec fans twice over the years. Both times it sucked. Engine did NOT run cooler....it would always run hotter and in 100deg heat - even easy to overheat. And (again not incld AAP) - dual elec fans will not match the air moved by the stock fan.

My opinion? Save your money, keep the stock fan...you'll never notice any minor HP pickup.

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Most of the time when cars over heat using electric fans it is due to either driving really hard for extended amounts of time or in really hot weather with the A/C on. I have not had any issues so far with my car over heating in the sacramento summers. Here in Sac you will see temps anywhere from 85-103 during the summers.

·
Banned
2,060 Posts
you can buy a temp sensor that you push in your radiator and you can set when you want the fan to turn on. i have one on my car and it works fine. i have to get a electric fan because of my setup. the only time it would over heat on me is when it is 95degree and i am sitting at a drive thru for more then 15mins other then that its fine.

·
---
2,768 Posts
Im with Philly Single. Stick with the stock fan. It cools alot better than any aftermarket electric fans can ever do.
Unfortunately that statement isn't true. The stock fan flows about 3,300CFM. The AAP fans will produce about 3,400CFM

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templates/frmTemplateM7.asp?SubFolderID=201&SearchYN=N

They hold just fine in 110 degrees with a 4" front mount intercooler and 16 row oil cooler in front of the radiator. Daily driven with no issues.

·
Banned
48 Posts
I run a Flex-A-Lite Dual Electric and I have no issues runs better than stock

·
Registered
469 Posts
does any of you guys who are using electric fan could sell me your stock fan. mine is suck. my car is running at 100deg evrytime. i want to swich over the stock one back.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
You will lose roughly 8-10lbs rotational mass changing to a electric fan along with less parastic drag you engine will rev a little faster and you will gain a few whp. I was running the spal dual fan's on a fan switch for over 2years without any problem's and/or over heating . I did have a vented hood which helped but no matter what i did the car would never go past the half way mark. ~Brett

1 - 13 of 13 Posts