Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just checked it out on summit racing the 14" perma cool looks like a good deal i heard they are an easy install is this true? do i need to buy anything with the fan or does it come with all the wires? is there something i can buy to make the fan run after the car is shut off and then i can switch it off?

· Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i've been looking at a lot of old posts but i can't find how much air flow the eclipse fans flow. anyone know? im proably gonna go with perma cool 14" and buy the kit and set it to come on at 160 which is the lowest it will go down to. for those of you who have the setup, how hard is the instal, i dont know that much about wiring? after the stock fan is out and the 14" is in, how much room is there where the stock a/c fan is? has anyone ever put duel fans using the perma cool, maybe a 14" and a 10", im not to sure how much room there is so im just guessing? sorry so many questions i just wanna know what im doing before i spend my money. thanks for all the help.

· Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,299 Posts
http://www.ma70.com/bishop92t/pics/electricfan.jpg

Very easy install, maybe 2 hours if you work slow. It comes with only the power and ground wires. You will want some sort of thermostat to tell the fan to come on when the coolant is hot. PermaCool sells an adjustable unit but the probe doesn't actually enter the coolant stream. If you get that adjustable unit it will run whenever the coolant reaches whatever temperature you want, with the car on or off. It also has an output to control another fan and a input to let you manually turn on the fan via a switch.

· JDMSoopraDriftoMachine!!1
878 Posts
i just installed 210s... very clean. the thermastat box is a bia tho... i'm gonna be feeling a set of 3rd degree burns for a while. the stock rad hose doesnt fit well over its wire, and i had it disconnect out of nowhere.

the DSM fans are wimpy... so i've heard, its a lot less of an engine to cool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.