Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
electric impacts are good but i wouldn't go to harbor freight, if your gonna spend $ your might as well get a good one and unless you just need it for taking lugs on and off a 250lb/tq would be good but if your gonna use it for other things you might want one that is a little more powerful, trust me you'll be thankful later.

·
Registered
382 Posts
harbor frieght isnt exactly the best tool manufacturer in the world. Not to hot qualtiy-You get what you pay for. If you got the money, buy a high quality one.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I've got the harbor freight one and had no problems with it. I bought it because if you look at the sears impact they look identical except for the color. I'd bet they are made at the same place. Anyway, $180 from sears, $50 from harbor freight. I've only had a few bolts I couldn't get off with it. If you're looking for noise reduction though, the electric is still loud. You just don't have the compressor kicking on all the time. $50 is a good deal. I've actually got a harbor freight store 15 min away. Just have to be selective on what you buy. I got a killer deal on an engine hoist, engine stand and my $50 chop saw works great. I don't buy my hand tools like sockets and wrenches there.

G

·
0 Posts
I have the sears Electric one and it works good getting most of what I need off. I also have a Snap-on 18volt impact gun and i will say that that is stronger than my sears corded one and nicer to have around. The cool thing si that the Snap-om has a 110volt charger and a car charger which is cool when you go to the track.

Scott

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks guys. I just wanted something to use when I can't have the compressor kicking on and shaking the house...

·
Registered
382 Posts
I wouldnt be a bit surprised if the sears was the same as HF. A lot of tools are made by the same manufacturers. Its really hard not to buy a buncha stuff at harbor freight stores. There are some mad good deals, but not everything is good quality. Since Supra400hptt says its okay, I imagine its fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts