·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
That would make your car as fast as a honda... :wtf:

hahahah... aight peace :chicken:

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
i had that wild idea once too... when my post count was 1...

please, don't do it... :D

S

·
0 Posts
'improved', the short answer is NO, the product doesn't work. Neither does a leaf blower, which is many times more powerful than this thing.

The "blower" being sold is nothing but an off the shelf marine engine room fan. Do a search for "bilge blowers" you'll find plenty.

It will not be able to provide more than about 0.2 PSI with basically ZERO flow at that pressure, making it useless in an engine application, and becoming nothing but a restriction.

If you want to learn more about it, pick up some books on engines and super/turbocharging. The physics of it, will become obvious why it won't work.

F

·
0 Posts
electric superchargers work

they are just calling that a turbo cause its snail-shaped.

The problem is that the battery only puts out 12 volts. For any major pressure to be created by an electric fan you would need to run the fan at a hugely higher voltage than that. It is possible that you will feel a bit more power down low in the rpm band if you have an NA(not sure about helping turbo spool), but I am remebering that they could get 5psi from around 40 volts. Im sure someday car manufacturers will be using these in production vehicles to decrease emmisions. Its a great idea.

as far as the one that you are looking at...well, check the flow ratings and compare them to the stock supra...if you can get positive manifold pressure at the same flow-rate, then that thing will help you. Good luck.

S

·
0 Posts
Blah, anyone even remotely thinking this will help anything, look at any electric "blower" compressor chart:

http://www.comairrotron.com/DCBlowers/vikingdc.htm

on the left is the static pressure. 28" of H20 equals 1 PSI.

Try to find an electric blower that does more than about 2" H20 (0.07 PSI) at any reasonable flow.

It's useless and pointless and nothing but a scam, anyway you slice it.

Nothing to see here, worth even contemplating.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts