Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using Meziere electric water pump for hard track use?

I'm overheating, is the flow from electric pump insufficient, and/or less than stock pump at WOT full rpms in hot weather?

'94 stock twins , 20-22 psi, AFR unknown

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I use a meziere on a high revving 1.8L JDM modded "r" honda. I have a friend who has been running a meziere water pump with mega track miles on it on his C5 modded Z06 (right at 450lb.ft. torque) and he drives the piss out of the car (I think he is "slowz06" on here. His brother (who is banned here, LOL, where are you Rob?) has a very modded 500+hp mustang that he had a meziere but now runs some other electric pump (why am I thinking Stewart?) http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=emp-e558ar
and he has been happy with it (flows 55 gph). Some will tell you no it is meant for drag racing. Now how does the engine know the difference? You look at cooling capacity. The stewart pump keeps Rob's nasty fast mustang which shakes the whole car at idle nice and cool on hot days. Rob would tell you that if he was not banned. Hey Rob!!

Barry H.

·
Premium Member
10,169 Posts
Don't know of anyone on here that uses one, DrTone. Barry (who just posted) probably has the most relevant data.

Btw, sorry about that wheel falling off on tv vs. the CRX. Hope all is well w/ you.
-Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts