Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my oil pressure sending unit boot and connector but it Looks Like I would have to replace the ENTIRE harness to get it. (according to the dealership)
I NEED to have a working oil pressure gauge.
Have any of you over come this > Are there other connectors out there that will work?

·
Supra Fan
4,114 Posts
make a post in the f/s section and have someone cut the boot and wire off an old harness.

·
Registered
583 Posts
just take the wire and wrap it around the end of the metal connector, tape it/glue it hardcore or solder to make sure it holds and if you want extend the wire so theres enough slack and it goes get ripped off. This will work for a while until you get a new one.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts

why not put one of these on and slide it on sideways ?

G

·
nice detail. the pic of the car in the top left of the package looks somewhat like a supra (or I`m so f*ckin tiered I`m seeing things)

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
I was told that you can order individual connectors from the toyota dealer w/ a short pig tail on them.

if it comes down to it, you could snag one from just about any supra i think. but there are alot of people who have butchured 7M harnesses like anyone who does 1JZ swaps is likely to have a spare connector.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
deutsch connectors...i wired my guages with them and soon will wire my o/2 sensor with these...they are a little pricey, but dam they are soo clean AND reusable! :bigthumb:

·
Project Mayhem!!!
789 Posts
from toyota, you don`t get the "pigtail", just the plastic housing of the connector, if it is still available.

·
Registered
583 Posts
hardwire the bitch lol, attach the wire to the metal peg and itll work fine, until you can get a plug.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
flubyux2 said:
I was told that you can order individual connectors from the toyota dealer w/ a short pig tail on them.
Does anybody have a parts list, in this case? I sure could go for a brand new TPS connector as well as a few coolant elbow connectors right about now.. :beer:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts