Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where 7mgte electrical wiring harness connectors can be bought? What about just generic connectors?

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I know the guy who did my headgasket (and works for a Toyota/Benz dealership as their master tech) broke a couple connectors and replaced them with parts he got through the dealership.

·
90T
467 Posts
If you can find a number on the connector (usually its 5 digits) then you can probably get the connector from Toyota. talk to Jeff Watson at Champion with the connector number in hand. The same applies to some of the loom holders, such as the ones that are on the intake manifold for the main engine harness (special order from Japan, expect to wait a bit).

·
Registered
626 Posts
In attempting to find a replacement for my CPS connector, Toyota was no help. Two separate locations wanted me to order an entire engine wiring harness to get any connectors.

I still haven't replaced the connector, but after quite some looking around at the local junkyard, I found a couple reasonably suitable replacements. Four-wire connectors seem to be reasonably difficult to find, because they are basically nonexistent on older American vehicles that litter many junkyards. I came across more 8-wire weatherproof connectors than 4-wire (sure they'll work, but a very unclean solution).

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
appleguy: the coil pack harness and connector will work fine for the CPS...

I decided after trying to work with extremely brittle wires to go ahead and get a new wiring harness and CPS...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts