Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the Supra out for a stroll over the weekend. Probably around 90 degrees out. About 20 - 30 miles into my outing I noticed the dash cluster stopped working all of a sudden, with the exception of the fuel gauge. Also my A pillar gauges were out - Boost and A/F gauges lost power at the same time as the dash. HVAC controls and everything else were unaffected.

I turned around and headed home. About 5 - 6 miles later, I lost dash illumination and headlights. My high beams and turn signals still worked though.

I haven't even attempted to dig into the issue yet. Looking for a logical place to start. Read through some old threads and sounds like fuses, relays and grounds might be a starting point. Curious if this is a common problem with a simple remedy or should I start eliminating possibilities 1 by 1. Did I melt something or just a loose connection or grounding problem?

94 6speed TT, with STU's LED gauges and AEM Boost and A/F.

Thanks

·
Banned
451 Posts
I would check the alternator first.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
It sounds like a short in your dash. You'll probably have to take it out and look at the wiring.

It happened to me and I had so many issues with modifying my dash. My HVAC went nuts and I burned out lots of stuff. Will never do it again.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, that sounds like it could be happening here as well. I guess I'll start tearing into it over the weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts