Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to install my water temp, oil pressure gauge, boost guage....got everything wired up and put everything back together...gauges work fine...BUT he light doesn't turn on? also the dash lights are out...and climate control have no back light when headlights are on...when its off then climate has light? i wired the two gauge lights to the cigratte lighter and wired another one to another power and ground. checked the gauge fuse, tail fuse and nothing is blown...would this be my dimmer switch getting fried? or something else?

also if its the dimmer switch would a 87 NA switch fit a 89 turbo one?

thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
Check your fuses first. With all the stuff that is out it sounds like everything is hooked up right, but a fuse or relay blew.

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i checked all fuses in the kick panel and seems like eveyrthing is not blown...so ?

·
Registered
582 Posts
check to see if your grounds are good and check the wires for shorts. This is where a digital multimeter comes in hand.

charlie

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Did u try turning the dimmer to all the way bright? I always hit it with my leg and I thought I blew my dimmer switch, did everything like u (Fuses, grounds, etc.) and then my friend hit it BACK on with his leg, and I realized what a fucktard I was.

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alrite guys it was the dimmer switch...i jumped the W-G and W-B wire and everything was lit up....i had to go take one from my frineds parts car and it worked....THANKS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts