Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Banned
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have a kinda big ass problem. Well the harness that runs over the driver's side wheel is severed!!! I tried connecting wire to wire...color to color but everything works except for the headlights. The headlights only come on with the high beams when you pull the switch, as if you were going to flash someone. But when i push the switch forward as to keep the high beams on non work. The lowbeam switch doesn't work either only the parking lights come on. I don't know what is going on. I checked the wires, all of them are where their supposed to be color with color and the number of silver dots too. Is there like a wiring diagram like what color is what? Or has anyone expirenced the same problem? Let me know thanks.

-Justin

· Banned
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'll look today thanks.

· Banned
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nope all of them intact. Jeeze i don't know what is wrong with my car? Does anyone know what color the wires going from the headlights to the control box onthe inside of the car is or what clip is is? Thanks.

-Justin

· Registered
299 Posts
I know Toyota Dealers have a manual that you can buy, it will describe the whole MKIV electrical system (modules, connectors, switches, color of wires etc.). It's not the Service Manual Vol. 1 or 2. That’s a completely stand alone Electrical Manual for MKIV. When I had some electrical wiring issues, I went there looked at the manual and made some photocopies of the pages I needed (if you don't want to buy the whole manual). I don't know if your dealer will let you do that, but the place I went they were pretty cool.

· Banned
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i'll give curt a call, Thanks

· Banned
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
everything is plugged in i think now after i re-wired everyting it is the switch itself. I'll probably try to look for parts them see if it works, thanks on the tip.

· Banned
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yep

· Banned
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
still nothing i think it is the control box under the driver side dash the tan looking box. there is a burn there. And it looks to me as if the plastic has melted there. But i'm not sure how to check. Also does anyone think it is the switch for the headlights/ Windshield wipers. I also found a new problem to this electrical problem my interior door lights do not work and my automatic door locks. I'm seriously have great fun with this mess. Please help. Thanks guys.

-Justin

· Banned
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
naw i was just driving normally and i thought that it would be good by taking my fender walls out while i was running 19's all around. Well i guess it severed the whole harness by rubbing against the tire. So it sparked and messed up my life. LOL

· Banned
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
anyone know what's going on?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.