Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Turbo Member
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I am in a crisis. :dunno: My 1993 TT auto's dash lights are lit up like Christmas. When I bought on Oct 3 the OD light would flash when in OD and stays on when od is off. Also the Manu button on the trans would not light up on the dash. The trac button will not turn off the trac light. I have the check engine light on and sometimes the BIG ! triangle is on but not all the time. So thats was a lot but I bought the car anyway. I drove it 1000 miles home and on the way the check engine light went off and the BIG ! triangle went off and stayed off for a week. They are back now and they brought friends. The airbag light is on now and the blinkers don't work in or out of the car. Their is a HKS turbo timer and a HKS EVC + a HKS SSBOV. If anyone can help me it would be great if not I guess I will take it to Toyota and see what they say. Thanks for the help Guys. Oh yeah the car runs great. No smoke no oil leaks boosts hard right under what I set the EVC to.

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
You need to pull the computer codes and find out what the errors are before we can make recommendations. Go to www.mkiv.com and look for the tech article on pulling codes if you aren't familiar with the process.

·
I love sequentials!
2,578 Posts
sounds like your alternator took a crap

·
SFOT 4 Pit Bulls
978 Posts
the blinkers may be the connector behind the flashers is unplugged.. but yeah kinda sounds like an alternator..

·
Turbo Member
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys. I will go get the alternator tested today. Make sure everything is on the up and up. God I hate :ak47:dash lights they bug the piss out of me big time! Thanks Again

·
Turbo Member
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
95BPUplus said:
the blinkers may be the connector behind the flashers is unplugged.. but yeah kinda sounds like an alternator..
I had a DVD player installed last week they might have not fully connected the blinkers. I will have the guys at Hifi check them when the nav goes in tomorrow. The alternator checked out ok. So I am still unsure about all the other stuff. I have someone installing a Defi setup also this week he said it might be in the was someone installed the Turbo Timer or EVC. If he can't see anything I will get the codes run from Toyota. I just hate taking it to them they always Rape Me $$$

·
Registered
639 Posts
You need to clarify the sequence of events leading up to this event... Probably what you 'meant' was the OD, triangle, and MANU were on AND THEN you had DVD player installed and the airbag light stayed on and blinkers would not work... Let me tell you what is wrong.. The first problem I have encountered when my tranny fluid runs too hot and the tranny will turn the OD OFF (flash) like if I am manually shifting and driving really hard on a HOT day... The problem would always correct once I got out on open road and cool air flowing so your tranny may not be cooling properly... Is the cooling fan running on radiator?? Is OEM radiator still in place??

Secondly, your car stereo installer disassembled the dash improperly causing the Airbag light to stay on (needs to be reset per mkiv.com instructions) and the blinkers will not work because they failed to plug the proper harness into the upper right of dash (emergency flasher switch harness)...

Does this clarify things?? The first lights concerning the tranny are probably cooling or fluid issues.. The second lights have to do with your stereo install (Airbag and no turn sigs)... Let me know if I can help further... [email protected] ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts