Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
supra love
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have to touch the constant power and the switched power by the ecu to start my car. the guage lights, tail lights, brake lights, and fog lights don't light up unless the car is running, but everything else lights up. the taillight reley buzzes when i turn the headlights on when the cars not running. and the safc only reads 9 volts when the car is running. i have the 2jz alternator and my wires are yellow, black, white starting from the engine side to the fender side. is this right? i dont get it cause none of this was happening 3 days ago when i last touched the car. could this also have something to do with why there is a misfire?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sounds like your running off you battery and arent charging properly. That would cause misfire. The thick black wire that dissapears under your drivers side fip up runs most of your electronics. The make sure the main wire off your alt is hooked up properly.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
jizake1jz said:
if its red does that mean its blown, its still connected though?
If yu are talking about the fuse, its the one located in the fuse box in the engine bay.
Its a blue colored fuse, and it will show the little fuse part bustedor smokey if it is blown.
You cannot pull it out , yo actually have to unbolt it from the bottom of the fuse box.

·
supra love
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah mine has red metal inside of it but its not blown. the safc only reads 9.7 volts when its running so it has to all be releated to the alternator. does anyone have pics of the 2jz alternator plug and the wires?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts