Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I posted before, but I got no response. I am having an electrical problem that I need some help with. I just recently installed the indiglo face gauges and upon completion, my car will not start. It cranks and all but there is no kick over. Does this sound familiar to anyone. I would like to know where to begin to look for the problem so if anyone has encountered something like this before, I would be greatly appreciative. It makes a sound like it's out of gas. I don't know if anyne tried to start a car when there was no gas in it but that's what it sounds like. Thanks everyone.

·
SupraForums Member
434 Posts
sounds like an ignition or fuel problem. Check to see that that all the fuses are happy. The ones under the hood and the ones in the drivers kick panel.

Also, you can check to see if there is power going to the fuel pump.

There under teh hood is a diagnostic connector. I dont recall which connections it was but if you jump two of them it will turn the fuel pump on. IF it does nto turn on then the fuse is not happy.

Thats a start.

·
SupraForums Member
434 Posts
lol that is funny!

Im sure if he uninstalled the gauges the problem will still be there. What ever fuse was burned will still be unhappy.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Mighty Mouse said:
lol that is funny!

Im sure if he uninstalled the gauges the problem will still be there. What ever fuse was burned will still be unhappy.
well, even if he replaces bad fuse the problem might still be within the installation of the gauges. Unless he uninstall the gauges and connect the correct wires then otherwise the problem is still there.

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a bunch for the replies. Here's what I know already, I have checked every fuse in the car, including the ones for the alarm. I had an electrical engineer that I work with come to do that with that mechanism that he possesses. Then someone said that there is a box for the ignition called the "ignition box", makes sense, huh? It is located between the fuse box that all of you know about and the battery, I think. I know that it is mounted to the thing above the driver side wheel hub. I haven't however checked that out yet because I just found this out today to take a look at that. I'm surprised that I haven't thought about removing the gauges yet, good call, I hope that you all don't think that I'm not Supra worthy anymore. Someone had also mentioned that it might be the system in the car. This car has one of the nicest stereos I have ever seen or heard. If you want to take a look at some pictures, go to the mkiv web site and look under readers ride in West Virginia under the name Brad Woods. He is the person whom I bought this beauty from. Let me know what you think of that stereo? Thanks for your help and I'm looking forward to hearing your input about th stereo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts