Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Your ignorance...
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now I have a new problem. I was in the midst of trying to start it with the new motor, and as I was cranking, it just suddenly stopped and I lost all power to the car. I double checked all grounds, made sure the battery was charged, checked fuses, etc. I plug the battery back in, and the car will have power, but as soon as I turn the key to the RUN position, it will shut off sometimes, other times it will work fine in run, but the instant I put it to START it will click once and shut off all power. The battery cables are fine, I measured resistance, less than 0.2 ohms on each (+ and -).

WTF would cause this? If a fusible link died, wouldn't it have NO power no matter what, since there is no circuit? I thought maybe I messed up the battery somehow, so I tried two others, no luck. Everything was fine, I cranked it many many times, never had a problem, now all of a sudden boom. Any ideas please???

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
any codes being thrown? also, check the ground on your coil packs, that wire gets really brittle and craptacular.

·
Your ignorance...
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fixed. Actually I have no idea why, I went and ate dinner, came back out to work on it, and it cranked.

Now I'm back to cranking and not starting.... woo hoo. :freak:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts