Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks.

I have to replace my cable driven Speedo to make adjustments for my new differential gearing. Any recommendations for what I could use?? When I swapped from my old 4.40 to my current setup I'm getting a serious lag in what my cluster reads and how fast I'm actually going. Ant help or thoughts are appreciated :)
87 body
94 1UZFe
06 CD009
3.58 diff gearing

·
Registered
715 Posts
Drop in? Pretty much nothing out there. Willing to modify your gauge cluster? Plenty of options.

I have an electric speedo stuffed in the factory gauge cluster that works fine but there is a fair bit of work needed to make it fit and function.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drop in? Pretty much nothing out there. Willing to modify your gauge cluster? Plenty of options.

I have an electric speedo stuffed in the factory gauge cluster that works fine but there is a fair bit of work needed to make it fit and function.
I am willing to modify, my buddy helping me do the swap work recommended swtching to a fly by wire system since most of the 1uz's used that anyways. when you refer to electric speedo, is this a mk3 gauge cluster that been converted or a aftermarket digital cluster?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve used Speed Box on my phone for years...
Yea ive been using my phone for a hot minute now but thats not something i wish to continue doing. Ultimate goal is to keep the cabin as stock and functional looking as possible.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I am willing to modify, my buddy helping me do the swap work recommended swtching to a fly by wire system since most of the 1uz's used that anyways. when you refer to electric speedo, is this a mk3 gauge cluster that been converted or a aftermarket digital cluster?
Aftermarket gauges stuffed in the factory cluster. All of the factory electronics are gone and just the shell of the cluster is used.

I'll have to dig for some pics of the install process and daylight pics.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aftermarket gauges stuffed in the factory cluster. All of the factory electronics are gone and just the shell of the cluster is used.

I'll have to dig for some pics of the install process and daylight pics.
This looks really good in te dark. would love to see some day shots and/or the full cluster range if you have em.

·
Registered
715 Posts
The speedometer can use either a VR or logic sensor for signal so you could conceivably use the front ABS signal or the rear ABS signal. I'd recommend the rear signal as it tends to be a cleaner signal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts