Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Back to Action!
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do I need the HAC?

My n/a doesn't have the elevation control thing (I know thats generic but I'm not sure what its called). The TSRM indicates that the GTE does have one.

Is it a required part?

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
You didn't put much thought into that question did you? If your car didn't come with one, and it runs then it's pretty obvious that you don't need it.

BTW I think you are referring to the HAC sensor (High Altitude Compensation).

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
What year is your car? IIRC on the turbo models, its incorporated into the ECU on the 89+. Im not sure if the NA's have it though.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Ya, n/a's dont have one... I wonder what the ecu adjusts, in response to the high altitude compensation sensor....

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Ckanderson said:
Ya, n/a's dont have one... I wonder what the ecu adjusts, in response to the high altitude compensation sensor....
It changes the correction factor for air density, which is used to determine the mass flow rate in the alogithm used to calculate injector pulse width.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Oh, thats exactly what I was thinking....:wtf: :scratch: :confused: haha, well thank you for the answer...

·
Back to Action!
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bishop92T said:
You didn't put much thought into that question did you? If your car didn't come with one, and it runs then it's pretty obvious that you don't need it.
It wasn't so much not enough thought as it was poorly worded. My car is/was an '87 NA (as such no HAC). We're in the process of doing the GTE swap. So the question is, will the car run w/o the HAC?

BTW I think you are referring to the HAC sensor (High Altitude Compensation). [/B]
Having read up some more on it, thats exactly what I was talking about.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Yes, use the HAC. I was installing my S-AFC this weekend and I could have sworn I saw the thing mounted behind the glovebox (near the ECU) on my 88T.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts