Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the diagram I have of the way to hook up the ignition harness, with the 1kohm resistor and the transistor, everything eems to be a bit jumbled.

I've got the ground going to the collector of the transistor,

the IGf going to the emitter, and capped off on the ignitor side

------------

What does the IGt wire go to? I've got the base of the transistor free, also the 'IN' of the emanage to go to. and the RPM to splice in (I can figure tha out)

answer me that and i'll make a much more clear diagram :)

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,222 Posts
err i'm lost at what ur saying...

but the diagram is hard to follow let me see if i can rememeber... btw you prompted me to update my website file so thats why it's diffrent. .

http://www3.sympatico.ca/zazzn/pics/emanage/ignitionEmanage.jpg

IGT is ur timing wire since the CPS uses wasted spartk.... However, if you try to retard timing it thorws a code because IGT and IGF are out of sync or something (can't remember) but it's something like that. So the transistor fixes that...

Basically your only using one wire on the harness which is the blue/white and blue black.

If i remember correclty it goes like this.

Ground to the collector of the transistor.

cut IGF wire then the end form the ecu connect to the emitter. Connect the resistor to the base of the transistor then connect the IGT wire form the ECU side to the end of the resistor. Make sure you spliced the RPM in at some point before the signal gets changed by the emanage. So anywhere from the IGT wire from the ecu to the blue/white wire. DO NOT splice in the blue black for RPM signal. Now hook the blue black to the IGT wire that's headed to the igniter.

you should finnished after this.

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so it looks like the IGf is connected to the base as well as Ch1 IN on the emanage harness?

·
12,222 Posts
yes the base and the IGF are connected but the base only connects after the resistor.

·
Registered
487 Posts
So on ignition harness we only have to use only channel 1 (in and out). We don't use channel 2 to 6. So it's not really worth it to buy ignition harness if we only using 2 wires.

·
12,222 Posts
yeah it's not worth it if you can find 2 wires that go in to the harness... but for 30 bones.. i mean common.

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
zazzn, is my diagram right?

yeah, i thoguth it was pretty expensive myself, but in the long run its only 30 bucks and lets you jack up timing till boost then drop down... i like that, if it makes a difference its worth it :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts