Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
geez, sorry for the length, didn't realize how long it was till i went to read over it...

Got my emanage/e01 with injector and igntiion harness installed a few days ago and took it out imediatly after... ran awesome. took it out again to play with boost and 5 psi felt like 10 with the e01... its pretty badass.

anyway, today i go to put the car back together and screw the ecu back upto the mount and put everything together. turn the car on and it idles fine but it doesn't rev up at all... tries to die and shit. sounds like AFM.

so i pull the ecu back down and pull the tape of the soldered AFM wires and just like i thought the solders were perfect... so i try and start the car up with the ecu danglin... and it runs fine. but the emanage is giving me an error code. as the directions say i shut the car off and turn the ignition to 'on' to view the codes. its blinking red green red green red green red green red green red green with the same duration... seems like a code 11 which is AFM.

what else can I check??? I've got the afm in/out wires installed correctly on the emanage... the AFm is plugged in... what could be wrong?

and why did the code just start when i pulled the ecu down? it wasn't running but throwing no codes when it was up, but once i pulled it(ecu) down it ran fine and threw codes...

the solder joints are all good and taped correctly

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,943 Posts
You must make sure it is set up properly. Whatever isn't being used don't load up the software for. Why put in in ad take it out what a waste of time? You also must reset it and start again I am guessing!

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't load software for anything that isn't being used... by loading i'm assuming you mean loading the maps?

put it in and take it out? I left everything installed, by ecu i mean... the cars ecu.... when it was mounted to the brackets there were no emanage codes and the car woudln't rev up past idle...

by unmounted, i mean dangling by the wires....

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,943 Posts
Make sure you have good connections then and all grounds are connected. Yes, I mean loading the maps. Make sure all connections are tight. Something must have come lose.

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i double checked the connections... they're fine though... i've been soldering for a while. Not saying i don't make mistakes, but i did double check.

however, i pulled the battery cable and put it back on and the code cleared... i hit the initilize button, or whatever it was that cleared all the maps... now its running fine...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts