Supra Forums banner

EMANAGE-Questions/Help after install

4K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  perf0rmance 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,
I have had the emanage since last December but have been doing a lot of research and reading and searching to make the installation as smooth as possible.
Well, installation went smooth, operations sucks ass :( :urowned:

Help me please :

This is for a 1jz in a MKIII - JZA70 motor/ecu/harness
I have the Emanage Blue.

I hooked it up yesterday. Have all the jumpers set as factory defaults.
Every connection is soldered properly and double checked.
I am using the the Map sensor signal from the Blue/black stripe wire.( labelled as "Ar" on the diagram.

Rotary dials are set to : 7-4-0

I am only using the basic install , ie : power, ground, rpm, map.

Started the car and the car idles rough so turned it off.

On the emanage - while running or when ignition is turned on

Power LED is blinking RED .
The INTERACTION LED blinking ORANGE.

Any insight would be great.
Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
I played with my neighbor's e-manage blue for 2 hrs trying to get it to work. Failed at it. Got my haltech interceptor up and running in less than 30 minutes. It was wideband tuned (on the street) in less than 1 hr. running 12.3~11.5 a/f's.

Good luck with it...e-manage blue left a bad taste with me.

#3 ·
I just checked on it. Im begininning not to like it already , especially with such a simple hookup and it causes the problem.
Rechecked the wires, freaking thing is blinking away, Both the LED's, and also my car's CEL is on.

Does anyone now if any extra jumpers are set ( Not that I could find anything about ).
Im also trying to document the hookup for the next guy with a problem, but im stuck myself...arrrrrrgghh..

#4 ·
what cel is your car throwing.. blue emanage worked flawlessly on my car.. I used the SAFC wiring diagram for the jza70 to wire it up..

I would say the map sensor is wired wrong or something, Thats prolly why it idles rough, and have a cel.. just a thought..

your using the white and green wires for the map sensor right?

#5 ·
tissimo said:
what cel is your car throwing.. blue emanage worked flawlessly on my car.. I used the SAFC wiring diagram for the jza70 to wire it up..

I would say the map sensor is wired wrong or something, Thats prolly why it idles rough, and have a cel.. just a thought..

your using the white and green wires for the map sensor right?
I am using the same diagra as well.

White wire goes to the incoming signal of the map ( Blue /black stripe)
Green connects to ecu side.
Brown is rpm 1
Black is - ground
Red is power.

Everything is soldered, no connectors here.

Car runs fine if I connect the Map signal wires as stock.
CEL only comes on if I connect the emanage to the car.

Also checked the emanage forums but no luck..

Thanks for the help .... but still nothing going.

#6 ·
If its blinking its likely wiring issue. I had similar problems with my EMu the first time trying to crank it but nothing blinked. Everything was steady and no cells so I know i wired it correctly the first time.
I re exported the map I made and then it started up fine.

The units work fine. They just take getting used to. My Supra is running and boosting on the EMU. Just need to clean up the maps due to some light breaking up from having shitty uncompleted maps.

#8 · (Edited)
hmm.. according to the wiring diagram.. you use the PIM connect.. the color is Light Green with a black strip.. Blue/black i think is the 5v power for the map....

http://www.1jz-gte.us/Images/TSRM JZA70/91ecupinout.jpg <- wire it to the PIM..

http://www.apexi-usa.com/pdf/technicalDocumentation/202.pdf <- apexi afc2 wiring.. T6-a

http://www.1jz-gte.us/documents/SubDocs1/WiringEFI.pdf <- 1jz wiring diag.. says color is LG-B LG=Light Green and B is black

VC (5v power, prolly what you have it wired to) is L-B (L=Blue)

#10 ·
Tissimo thats some interesting information for me.

I had it hooked up to the PIM connection ( LG/B) since the ecu already came with a plug on it and car ran, but pretty crappily.

Gave a little gas when it was plugged in the LG/Black wire, but it idled and stuttered.

The emanage itself stopped the fast blinking power LED but it would not go to a green light, only red throwing the MAP code.

Switched to the other signal, (Blue/black) wire , and thats when I noticed the CEL come on.

The lights on the emenage were blinking fast as well.

Does it take time to learn the engine at initial startup?

#12 ·
ZaZZn said:
I believe red and ornage is normal.... On the latest firmware mine does that too.

You set the paramater setting to toyota pressure type sensor in the software?

Ohh...I was going by the instructions in the manual that the light should be solid green.

I have not hooked it up to the laptop or did any software tweaks yet. I did set the rotary dial for the toyota pressure sensor, does that count? or does it have to be done via the software?

Thanks for responses guys.

#13 · (Edited)
one of the 740 settings is for the map.. not sure witch its in the manual.. but just use the jdm 2jz settings in the manual (99% sure its 740 like you got)

Did you get the emanage used or anything? maybe there is a map loaded on there or something. Not sure. But the CEL i would say is from mthe wrong wire.. the Light green is the wire its supposed to be on..

EDIT:
Have you checked the other dials to make sure they are not messed with.. The active led will blink if the there is being an adjustment made.. It will flash when the adjustment is between 0-10% and will flash faster when its between 10-20% and will be oarange.. according to the manual..

#14 ·
tissimo said:
one of the 740 settings is for the map.. not sure witch its in the manual.. but just use the jdm 2jz settings in the manual (99% sure its 740 like you got)

Did you get the emanage used or anything? maybe there is a map loaded on there or something. Not sure. But the CEL i would say is from mthe wrong wire.. the Light green is the wire its supposed to be on..
No, this is a new unit.
Wire is wired up to the PIM connection - Light green/Black ( its soldered to it, not even using the connectors that came from factory for it.

The setting is 740 for the toyota pressure sensor type 1.

Like I said earlier, the CEL goees off when connected to the PIM wire but the car runs quite rough and giving gas makes it bog...

Still trying everything you guys throwing at me..thanks..

#17 ·
hmm.. they should point straight up... Anyone close to you have an emanage? maybe the unit is defective or something...

#19 ·
ZaZZn said:
you know it's strange on di rosa's car he throws a code on his ecu with the EMU and the stock 2jz map. However, if i plugin a 1jz map it goes away. strange.
Zazzn...you may have a good point there, I do have a 2jz map sensor : hmmm
Now what??
The code I get from emanage is for the map sensor as well.
How in the world do we fix it?

PS: Does it run well with the 1jz sensor?

#21 ·
yeah, but the emu doesn't throw any codes, it's only the ecu that throws the code. and when i bypassed the emu (troubleshooting no start), i didn't throw code 31.

and even with code 31, it idles fine. i would double check the wiring and polarity. i remember i messed up on the emanage blue because they have two different wires for air flow sensors. one for map/maf, and one for afm. so my car essentially ran like ass because it wasn't getting a signal because i spliced into the afm wire, not the maf wire

good luck

#22 ·
di_rosa said:
yeah, but the emu doesn't throw any codes, it's only the ecu that throws the code. and when i bypassed the emu (troubleshooting no start), i didn't throw code 31.

and even with code 31, it idles fine. i would double check the wiring and polarity. i remember i messed up on the emanage blue because they have two different wires for air flow sensors. one for map/maf, and one for afm. so my car essentially ran like ass because it wasn't getting a signal because i spliced into the afm wire, not the maf wire

good luck

Hhmmm...Well the wire that it says to splice for the Pressure signal/af signal is the same one on the emanage.
White wire for input and green for output...and thats what I have.
Car runs great without the emanage connected/

#23 ·
the emanage blue and emu worked with my 2jz map sensor..

maybe try resetting the 7-4-0.. maybe its 1/2 way between 2 or something.. just pull it off the number and resetting it back.. I dunno, worth a shot maybe..

If that doesn't work, check the internal jumpers to make sure they are where they're supposed to be.. beyond that im going to have to say bad unit or something...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.